Only Murders In The Building (Hulu comedy series) - Steve Martin, Selena Gomez | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Only Murders In The Building (Hulu comedy series) - Steve Martin, Selena Gomez

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by 4Roses, May 19, 2021.

1. This season is off to a great start. I enjoyed both episodes as much as Season 1.

johnoclock, VitaminBee and Maria like this.
  2. I love this season too, even with the unnecessary Amy Schumer scenes.

Txetxu and Maria like this.
  3. LTG

LTG

Considering she’s been on screens for almost 70 years now, she’s doing amazing. Hope we get to see a lot more of her in this.

Holly Something and VitaminBee like this.
  4. Totally! She’s an icon and still manages to crack me up!

LTG likes this.
  5. The latest episode was great. I hate that I’m warming to this show nn

lushLuck likes this.
  6. Yaaaaas we stay winning!!!

VitaminBee likes this.
  7. I think she's been really funny (for once - probably due to someone else writing her lines). Cara is the one who is terrible in this.

VitaminBee likes this.
  8. So...who do we think Bunny's killer is?

lushLuck likes this.
  9. I don't know why but I think it could be...
    Uma Heller. I don't know why but I just do.

10. Part of me kinda wishes they aired this around the autumn/winter period rather than peak summer, but overall loving this season. It’s just so good.

Rob, lushLuck and IndyRS like this.
  11. No it's definitely better as a fall show like you said. The first seasons coziness played into that.

lushLuck and Maria like this.
  12. Yeah I think this week while the UK was literally baking in the heat I wanted so bad to be in the world of Only Murders because of how cold and cosy it looked! Hopefully for season 3 they shift it to October?

Maria likes this.
  13. Speaking of fall, Selena was wearing the most gorgeously cozy looking coat in the last episode.

colouroffensive, lushLuck and itylts like this.
  14. Selena's acting in this is appalling...the accent she's attempting makes it sound like there's something in her throat and she's reading the lines for the very first time. She's still better than Cara though at least!

15. I’m not a Selena stan by any means, but personally I’m continuously surprised by how well she’s been holding her own in this, especially considering the caliber of talent she’s surrounded with (Cara not included ddd). She’s not fantastic by any means, but I think she’s far from awful.

johnoclock and Maria like this.
  16. Selena is a great comedic actress in my opinion. Her acting in Only Murders is fine, and it’s nice to see her do a bit more dramatic (?) acting with sprinklings of dry humour rather than laugh out loud stuff.

Maria likes this.
  17. Yeah I think she's fine, she holds her own against two comedy legends and is actually the glue that holds the trio together. I enjoy her deadpan delivery.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
    lushLuck, colouroffensive and Maria like this.
  18. Selena is a great straight-man (so to speak) against two comedy legends who have worked together for decades. For her to slot straight into that dynamic and bounce so well off both of them is a talent.

19. The chemistry between all three is amazing.

lushLuck likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.