Orville Peck - General Discussion | Page 27 | The Popjustice Forum

Orville Peck - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by that boy is a monster, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Ma'am...

R92, Island, Bobbyrae and 7 others like this.
  2. Pitchfork can die!

Screenshot_20220408-152034_Facebook.jpg

NobodyKnowsMe and jtm like this.
  3. And here I was thinking he sounded great across the album...

R92, NobodyKnowsMe, 1outside and 5 others like this.
  4. I love this album! Let Me Drown is one of my favourites from Chapter 3, that Pitchfork review is… too much.

jtm, mrp2910 and Shuey like this.
  5. He does sound great. Always take pitchfork reviews as satirical.

jtm and mrp2910 like this.
  6. I could see commentary on the affectation being impression-y at times...but saying he can't sing? C'mon now.

NobodyKnowsMe, 1outside and mrp2910 like this.
  7. Having seen him up close and singing live he is phenomenal. Yes he does adapt a certain twang but it's part of the charm. I feel like sometimes these reviews deliberately try to get a rise out of fans.

Shuey likes this.
  8. Yes, I was a fan prior to seeing him live, but hearing the vocals in person took the stanning to a whole new level. He's an insane performer and the talent is real.

Saying he's not a good singer is irresponsible!

Cordyceps likes this.
  9. That review reads like something P4k is definitely gonna try to retcon positively in about ten years

10. I would like to see the person from pitchfork who reviewed Bronco sing "Queen of the Rodeo" for name one song wich needs from certain vocal skills

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
  11. That review is mean spirited for no reason. He has a gorgeous voice.

Loving the album.

12. jtm

jtm

His voice is so good. That‘s just all bullshit. And late Johnny Cash (as was mentioned in other places) is also fantastic.

I know I might get crucified but I kind of wonder what he could do with his voice, his songwriting skills and a slight electronic production. I‘d be wet.

13. As I said before I love him but I'd love a killer remix or a feature on a dance track. I half expected one with Diplo to turn up.

14. So we don't think we're gonna get a CD of this?

15. Orville Peck is no worse (probably better) a singer than Bruce Springsteen, who I'm almost certain Pitchfork loves (at least his classic work).

Everybody should have stopped taking Pitchfork seriously after the Madame X fiasco. Like, it's fine to give any album a low score since reviewing is subjective but a publication that rigs a bad review has no integrity.

The Bronco review is actually well written until they just have to get in the snarky jab. I hate music journalism snark. It's embarrassingly juvenile.

16. I usually never complain about getting a lot of songs but this is definitely a little overstuffed & somewhat homogenous. It might reveal itself over time but it’s no Pony.

Jonathan27 likes this.
  17. Listened to the whole album. Pitchfork needs to lay off the crack. Peck sings powerfully and with dexterity. I was incredibly impressed with his voice. And the album is great too. Not something I'll come back to often because I don't emotionally connect to it and it's slightly gimmicky but the arrangements and melodies are superb ear candy.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2022
  18. R92

R92

Just popping in to say “Hexie Mountains” is The One. What an achingly gorgeous song.

heavymetalGAGA and jtm like this.
  19. jtm

jtm

And I‘ve been getting my life to that one, Lafayette, Kalahari Down and of course Let Me Drown.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.