Orville Peck (he gay n country) | The Popjustice Forum

Orville Peck (he gay n country)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by that boy is a monster, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Hello hi, this guy makes some good musics. He cites Roy Orbison and Johnny Cash as inspirations but also stans Kacey Musgraves and Drag Race Thailand. His album Pony just came out and is excellent. Oh and it seems nobody knows what his face looks like.

Here is his stuff

The mask is kinda hot right? I dont expect this to go far but we stan a queer country artist with shoegaze-ey vibes. Hey @Jwentz!

2. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sapnu puas, Mr Blonde, R92 and 43 others like this.
  3. He stans Paris Hilton’s iconic album Paris so naturally I stan. Really though, this album is nice. I love “Roses Are Falling” especially.

4. That thread title was too much. It really did have me yeehawing.

5. Anybody recognize the tattoos?
    60D0EDA1-4C37-4139-87E3-1FED75C1649D.jpeg

vendredi likes this.
  6. He reminds me of a country, male counterpart to Lana especially on Dead of Night.

I'm too into this.

7. I just randomly discovered "Dead Of Night" on youtube the other day and fell in love.

neonpanda likes this.
  8. Is the name even real?

Sine Wave likes this.
  9. Oh wig. I shall dig into his oeuvre later

R92, Jwentz, WowWowWowWow and 3 others like this.
  10. Isn't this him? He seems to be the opening act for his own shows. Hiding in plain sight. He also recently released a song as James Burgess titled Strange Halo on Bandcamp.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. A minute and a half into Turn To Hate and I have already decided to stan forever. He sounds deadass like vocal-peak Elvis doing shoegaze mixed with R.E.M. at their peak, by way of Twin Peaks, and I'm into it.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    Mr Blonde, R92, Jwentz and 1 other person like this.
  12. R92, Jwentz, Nunya B and 3 others like this.
  13. I think this is like, everything I've ever wanted in a country act so let me stan immediately.

Mr Blonde, R92, Red Coat and 3 others like this.
  14. Queen of the Rodeo though, oh my god.

[​IMG]

And the way Kansas (Remembers Me Now) literally frays out at the end...whew.

@fancygreen get your ass in here IMMEDIATELY

R92 and that boy is a monster like this.
  15. 3Xs

3Xs

His voice is like buttah

I'm here for this.

16. R92, Jwentz, Island and 5 others like this.
  17. Also, he did a shoot for Butt magazine, but I’m guessing nobody on this forum would be into that kind of thing...

18. The tattoos match, good detective.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  19. I've loved Dead of Night since it got released, it became one of my favourite songs. I had no idea his album was out, looking forward to giving it a listen!

20. Ddd I'm about to have tickets to see him. Little Pony, giddy up!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.