Orville Peck (he gay n country) | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

Orville Peck (he gay n country)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by that boy is a monster, Mar 24, 2019.

1. I mean, the mask is part of the persona.

Anyway, he did an off the cuff cover of “Cellophane” on Instagram live the other day

2. I love the hat/mask look. His lips on the album cover... OH. MY. GOD.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  3. That lady coughing a lung up during the Cellophane cover is a mood. He turned into a country ballad akin to Johnny Cash, well done.

Dreampopboy likes this.
  4. I love watching random clips from before his Orville Peck persona. He seems like such a goofball.

5. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Buffalo Run is A BANGER. I really, really find him amazing - there’s no one around quite like him!

6. That key change in Hope to Die, ascendiiiing.

7. He's truly one of us.

man.tis.shrimp, LTG, R92 and 12 others like this.
  8. Can we get some love for Nothing Fades Like the Light? It’s a wonderfully simmering, reflective closer.

LTG, Jwentz, godspeed and 5 others like this.
  9. Italian masked singer x American masked singer

Attached Files:

Cordyceps likes this.
  10. Looks like we’re getting an eight (!?!?) minute video for Queen of the Rodeo on Monday! King stays delivering for one of 2019’s best albums.

11. AAAAAAAA YAY. My favorite song on the album!

12. I love an era that lasts for a year.

13. Give me
    • ridiculous Ride-esque monologues
    • a 5 minute extended version of the track
    • drag queens
    • arms

LTG, heavymetalGAGA, Jwentz and 7 others like this.
  14. Ugh it’s so close for me between Queen of the Rodeo and Roses Are Falling. We love an album with zero duds!

15. I adore him but I am fuming that he never popped out for a meet and greet in Manchester.

I know you can't expect it and I respect his privacy but when he did it at almost every other UK date it would have been nice.

Now what coloured vinyl am I buying next??

16. He played a very small venue in Cleveland and everybody got to meet with him, photos, sigs, etc. He's a really nice guy.

Andy French likes this.
  17. He's adorable. And the fact he said hi to most was great but sods law I'm the one he skipped.

DAMN YOU COWBOY!!

18. Seeing him play the basement of a pub in London for 45 ppl and the m&g being him chilling outside the front smoking after... wig.

Laurence, LTG, heavymetalGAGA and 4 others like this.
  19. I just listened to Hope to Die, my very first time listening to him, and I wasn’t expecting his voice to be that devastatingly beautiful???

2014, Jackarywoo, LTG and 9 others like this.
  20. Not you literally speaking most of this into existence

Dreampopboy, 2014, Floppie and 6 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.