Orville Peck (he gay n country) | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Orville Peck (he gay n country)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by that boy is a monster, Mar 24, 2019.

1. I enjoy the Twin Peaks-vibe "Dead of Night" carries but haven't given the album much of a listen yet. His voice also reminds me of Adam Klopp of Choir Boy and Joel Gibb of The Hidden Cameras for some reason...and maybe a little Roy Orbison?

2. I am in love.

My obsession of the month.

Red Coat likes this.
  3. I think the Sia mask gimmick is a bit extra but I’m surprised he’s already signed to Sub Pop. He’s gonna blow up.

toby3000 likes this.
  4. Those eyes... Seeing the mouth was an extra treat in the Dead of Night video.

I thought more Prince... much sexier, but I recall Sia with a cowboy hat. Barf.
    [​IMG]

Jwentz likes this.
  5. Yes: Super warm, resonant voice in a surprisingly wonderful musical template, like a mellow Roy Orbison meets a quaalude Chris Isaak?

No: The Cousin It/Sia Furler cosplay.

Conclusion: Fuck it, lemme follow this.

oh wait i've met him before I forgot lol oops

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  6. What kind of "meeting" was that?

7. [​IMG]

He makes music, you say?

Red Coat likes this.
  8. Oh, ha, how naïve of me. Nothing like that. He had DJ’d a thing a I was at a while back, and I didn’t immediately recognize/recall him. (The power of many years distance/meeting only twice/gimmicky face tassels.) Sorry to ruin the fantasy.

9. LTG

LTG

Whew Take Me Back is that Johnny Cash bop. Paws up Little Peckers!

Lila, KamikazeHeart, Jersey and 5 others like this.
  10. Very much enjoying this and he would totally fit on the roadhouse stage in Twin Peaks.

11. I wish Old River was longer. This has such a high replay ability.

12. I think he threw some shade at me, but I don't care, still love him and etc.

TRAVVV and Andy French like this.
  13. Agreed! It's dreamy.

Jersey likes this.
  14. "Roses are Falling" is the tune I keep going back to, bar the singles. The part where he talks is a bit cringe (I think Devendra Banhart does it quite well in "Shabop Shalom") but I like his voice backed with that melody.

I was planning to see him play at a small venue in Seattle but tickets just sold out!

15. I posted on his Instagram that I’d love to see him play in some stark hollow town at the Carson City line and he “liked it”. Swoon...

16. This is his old band by the way:

Something completely different tho.

17. Giving the album a first listen and already obsessed.

dontkillmyvibe likes this.
  18. What an album. Totally different but just as good as Billie's.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.