Orville Peck (he gay n country) | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Orville Peck (he gay n country)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by that boy is a monster, Mar 24, 2019.

1. I mean I’d peck on his head so I’m fine with that.

2. Sounds like a dream to me on paper but I don’t like it.

Euphoria and Sine Wave like this.
  3. Okay I’m very into this. “Big Sky” is the mood right now.

4. I’m at a show right now and they’re using this album, in its entirety, as pre-show music. Wig

KamikazeHeart, Jwentz, Alenko and 4 others like this.
  5. I like this a lot because it has no many good reference points, from the music to the imagery (so much so that it almost comes across contrived dd). His voice is good but comes across a bit affected.

The whole album is quite good but I'll have to sit with for a bit more.

Sine Wave likes this.
  6. London hoes he's announced a gig in October.

@LTG

ladylloyd, LTG and mrp2910 like this.
  7. Hoping for one a bit closer to me around then. Fingers crossed.

8. LTG

LTG

Omg just in time for Halloween. I’ll be feeling my spooky ooky mask fantasy

9. Uno

Uno

Does anyone know who makes his masks or where I can purchase a few? I’d really like to buy some.

10. I'd love to go but would rather not go alone. Any Peckheads fancy keeping me company?

11. I’m going xx

POPGASM likes this.
  12. I think his fans should be called Peckerheads. It has a certain ring to it.

KamikazeHeart likes this.
  13. Just bought my ticket

[​IMG]

14. I’m pressed that I missed his date in my city, but good for him on selling it out.

This is my album of the year thus far, by the way. It felt a touch too insular at first but it’s gradually unfurled into an album of great word building and some exceptional vocals. Roses Are Falling is probably the one, but Queen of the Rodeo and Nothing Fades Like the Night are right behind it. Thank you queen @that boy is a monster for getting Ms. Peck on my radar.

15. Orville played a sold out show in Seattle last night and he had Lavender Country open up for him...I am new to the band but for those who do not know- they were the first openly gay country band way back in 1972. Their album, when it was released, was originally a bootleg and was later then distributed with support from gay organizations. Hearing his story about how he was able to be release the music he did was solely because his father said he could; I was with my older gay friend I call "grandma" and we both teared up because, like many others, our fathers are not supportive or as present in our lives due to our sexuality (or "lifestyle" as they say). Then his husband worked through the crowd to give him a drink and hearing their love story was also a very tender moment. Lead singer, Patrick, is the gay grandpa people need!

Orville was good and I enjoyed hearing my favorite, "Roses are Falling" live; "Take You Back" was also fun to hear as well.

Here's a picture of Orville and Patrick of Lavender Country performing together:
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.