Oscar Bait 2018/19 | Page 127 | The Popjustice Forum

Oscar Bait 2018/19

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mikal, May 30, 2017.

1. I’m waiting for the backlash to happen since Singer’s name appears on the BAFTA nomination for British Film

Beautiful Child 2 likes this.
  2. Me too, but he’s been doing this for so long with essential impunity that I’m not holding my breath.

3. Esquire just needs to release the big expose that was supposed to come out last year.

4. I am SO sick of Kevin Hart. And now that we have his new movie coming out this weekend, we'll have to hear more from him.

Andy French, stuaw and WowWowWowWow like this.
  5. “If anybody out there wants to believe that Kevin Hart is that much of a monster that he wouldn’t love somebody because of their choice in life, then all power to them.”

Errrr........ choice in life ?! How are you still making it worse!?!??

6. He also responded to Don Lemon's segment the other night and said he doesn't want to become an ally to the LGBT community.

So, says it all.

7. At least he's not hosting so I can put him on ignore again.

8. Variety reports that the Oscars are pulling through without hosts. Thank God.

9. Wow, I didn't realize the year of the Rob Lowe/Snow White #mess was a year without a host. Strange, because 1988 is one of my favourite movie years and we were just discussing it a few pages ago.

That actually would have been an easy year to host because of all those Lowe-White jokes the host could have riffed on.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  10. Shortest telecast ever confirmed

Andy French and WowWowWowWow like this.
  11. I do like how the Variety article even states their source says Producers are going hostless so they can also make the show less political and avoid a monologue full of Trump zingers.

Nah, now the show will go over 23 minutes instead of 35.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  12. I'm sure they will stuff the telecast with more monologues, performances and tributes.

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  13. That movie looks absolutely shocking. Bryan Cranston and Nicole Kidman must have had a whopper of a gas bill to sign up for this trash.

If nothing else, at least the argument that only obscure films get nominated has been exposed for the nonsense it is. Cut Bohemian Rhapsody's box office in half with the same critical response - maybe Rami still gets nominated, but any other major categories? I can't see it.

torontodj and WowWowWowWow like this.
  14. I honestly nearly screamed when I saw that news. I'm kind of hoping that it at LEAST makes it harder for people to ignore/conveniently "forget" who and what they're supporting in voting for that movie. But like @silkandskin, I'm not holding my breath.

15. And also like... Intouchables is right there still.

16. I went to a screening of Green Book tonight and I absolutely loved it. Best film I’ve seen in ages. It might be recency bias but it has shot straight to the top of my list of Best Picture predictions for this year. I laughed out loud multiple times and found tears of happiness filling my eyes at the final line.

Mahershala Ali deserves his second Oscar for this.

17. Just seen Collete and... I don’t understand why Keira hasn’t been featured in any Best Actress discussions!?

- the post I wish I could write

Just seen Collette and... I can understand why Keira hasn’t been featured in any Best Actress discussions.

- the post I must actually write

18. Good grief.

Lego likes this.
  19. Just saw Vice. It's all kinds of terrible.

A gigantic, gimmicky, tonally incoherent mess.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.