Oscar Bait 2018/19 | Page 196 | The Popjustice Forum

Oscar Bait 2018/19

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mikal, May 30, 2017.

1. Leo should just take a supporting nod since he already has an Oscar for acting

2. But has anyone seen:

Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actress & Best Adapted Script.

Give it all the awards. I won't even admit how many times I've seen it in the last month, its truly embarassing.

hologram, Trinu 3.0, 2014 and 5 others like this.
  3. Category fraud strikes again.

4. Here for Saoirse getting another nom for this!

Poor Emma Watson in this trailer though. She is gonna be acted under the damn table by Saoirse in this.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Remorque, Mikal, Island and 6 others like this.
  5. ...what is this Make Nazis Cute Again nonsense?

lushLuck likes this.
  6. Not out in the UK yet, but I'll be seeing it on release next month!

aboutyounow likes this.
  7. I am READY for this. Greta's fresh grasp of dramatic comedy in the guise of a Golden Age Hollywood classic is Grade A Oscar Bait. Saoirse! Timmy! The lewks! The talent! Emma Watson's lack of talent! Laura Dern's inevitable underrepresentation! Meryl's de-glamming (and inevitable next nomination)!

Remorque, Mikal, Island and 6 others like this.
  8. Greta GerWIG
    Saoirse Ronan
    Timotheé Chalamet
    Meryl Streep
    Laura Dern
    Hermione in a good movie
    Eliza Scanlen

all in one movie. I'm perched.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  9. LOVED The Farewell. I don't see it getting any major noms, but I think it'll dominate at Independent Spirits. If nothing else, it's been a surprise indie hit at the box office, so I think it'll just lead to more great things for Awkwafina and director Lulu Wang. This project was such a smart move for Awkwafina to keep her from being pigeon-holed in the comedy shtick that her brand has become synonymous with to this point.

Remorque, Island, 2014 and 2 others like this.
  10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The Farewell was beautifully adorable, so great!

Does Little Women really need to be done again? If it wasn't for that cast and Greta it would be such a colossal waste of time.

lushLuck and Baby Clyde like this.
  11. I need Saoirse Ronan to win a damn Oscar.

[​IMG]

Remorque, RainOnFire, Island and 8 others like this.
  12. That looks so pretentious and unfunny.

theelusivechanteuse and lushLuck like this.
  13. Saw a preview a few months back and liked it well enough. Didn’t love it.

There will deffo be a Supporting push for Shuzhen Zhao and seems like the sort of film that will get left out of the major noms but nab one for Screenplay.

14. Another supporting nod for Timmy again PLEASE.

15. I don't really know the story of Little Women, so it's all new for me ddd
    That cast is a fag dream.

I need to see this and I know it won't come close to a Spanish cinema.

16. I haven’t seen it yet, but the story it’s based on was a segment on This American Life. It was really good so I’m excited to watch it!

17. [​IMG]
    The truth is, I've neither read the novel nor watched the 1994 movie either, even though I love Winona.

Remorque, Island, POPGASM and 2 others like this.
  18. I do remember some of the anime they aired in Spain over 20 years ago tho!

[​IMG]

Remorque, sugarcoma, Daniel_O and 3 others like this.
  19. I haven’t read the book or seen the film, but I have a distinct memory of a teacher in Year 2 telling us the entire plot for some reason.

20. I love Gerwig as a director and as a writer, but I'm not sure a period piece is what I want from her. Still, she's assembled some serious talent (and Emma Watson too!)

Floppie, Jwentz and scottdisick94 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.