Oscar Bait 2018/19 | Page 197 | The Popjustice Forum

Oscar Bait 2018/19

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mikal, May 30, 2017.

1. While I love all the names attached, Little Women just looks really boring after watching that trailer. I remember watching - and loving - the 90s film as a kid (which was equally stacked), and nothing about this looks any different.

Lucy Honeychurch likes this.
  2. I read a summarized version of the novel and also watched the anime show when I was a kid but the only thing I remember is that the main character acted "too boy-ish" and they were always waiting for their father so... it's going to be a new movie for me too.

lushLuck likes this.
  3. Living for this Emma Watson humour. I've no idea of the plot too. I am most perched for Eliza Scanlan. I thought she was incredible in Sharp Objects and hope she is given something to do here for her to breakout proper.
    I can't get excited over Timothee. I hated him in Beautiful Boy and it seems to have turned me off him completely.

4. Pretty much anyone could act Emma Watson under the table.

Remorque, dirtypony, Island and 4 others like this.
  5. Her own eyebrows do.

Remorque, Island, Floppie and 3 others like this.
  6. I wish The Farewell was playing anywhere near me.

Ant by that I mean I’m not going to a theater in the fucking suburbs.

Remorque and lushLuck like this.
  7. Even the table.

Remorque, dirtypony, Island and 7 others like this.
  8. It's like Awkwafina and Lizzo are silently competing for who can have the most bizarre path to monstrous success.

elektroxx, Remorque, hologram and 8 others like this.
  9. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Emma Watson isn’t that bad

10. But she's not that good, either.

Remorque, hologram, Robsolete and 6 others like this.
  11. To be fair I did manage to watch her in The Bling Ring without wanting to drown myself in my pinot.

Remorque and scottdisick94 like this.
  12. i quite like emma watson’s acting

Trinu 3.0 likes this.
  13. Emma was good in The Perks Of Being A Wallflower and The Bling Ring.

Remorque likes this.
  14. I like Emma, too.

*Hides*

15. I wanted to watch the Beauty and The Beast remake but had to turn it off after the first scene.

#emmawatsonruinseverything

TeamDorinda!! likes this.
  16. Island

Island Staff Member

She didn’t really need to be good in The Bling Ring.

ladylloyd and scottdisick94 like this.
  17. I like Emma Watson too. She got much better towards the end of the HP series, particularly in The Deathly Hallows pt 1.

sugarcoma likes this.
  18. I actually thought the trailer looked very Greta, which gives me faith in this project. I expect her adaptation to be more about women finding their artistic voices and less about… err… marriage and childbirth, like the 1994 version. That one has its problems anyway, such as Christian Bale flirting with child actress Kirsten Dunst, or Winona being MeToo'd into a relationship and marriage with a creepy German professor over twice her age.

lushLuck likes this.
  19. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Will people be mad if I start a new thread?

20. Nope.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.