Oscar Bait 2020 - 21 | The Popjustice Forum

Oscar Bait 2020 - 21

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by strangekin, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Premature? Yes, but since the Sundance lineup is out fuck it

Y’all just know Taylor is gonna do everything in her power to snatch a Documentary nom.

Also this just showed up on my TL, and I’m very intrigued.

Always thought Aubrey Plaza had untapped potential for dramatic roles. Also Christopher Abbott is so fucking hot.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  2. Here for Aubrey Plaza dominating next year

3. I'm here for Bad Hair, the horror satire about a haunted weave from Justin Simien, the director/creator of Dear White People.

kermit_the_frog likes this.
  4. I legit thought that was Zara Larsson in Aubrey's post for about 2 secs

5. No idea is this is founded, but WIG if it is

6. I didn't... until I saw Ingrid Goes West and now I'm a stan (she, Elizabeth Olsen and O'Shea Jackson Jr were all rudely ignored that awards season)...

mrdonut and DangerousHun like this.
  7. I have a friend who worked on Ammonite and she's very excited about what they're seeing in the editing room. Certainly has the pedigree, but not my speed in story.

Heard some good things about Come Away from the same person, although she wasn't involved and heard it from her friend who is working on it. Supposedly its a big vehicle for Angie Jo to show off her acting chops again.

Lucy Honeychurch likes this.
  8. The premise of Come Away sounds like... a hot mess

strangekin likes this.
  9. I am spending every other night fantasizing about how genius this movie will be.

10. Hope you're right but the premise seems like something that will drag on for 2 hours while feeling very self-important and baity. Here's hoping I'm wrong! My girl has been MIA forever because of it.

Lucy Honeychurch likes this.
  11. Kate's made weird choices all damn decade. Ever since I found out she backed out of The Favourite I've been angry at her. What for? The Avatar movies so she could be in more box office hits with a director she didn't like? I hope Ammonite is great and she kicks off the new decade with a win. She's always made some off kilter choices but this entire decade was a mess for her.

13. I, a homosexual, will still be first in line for pretty much any self-important and baity queer drama film. In any case I loved God's Own Country and I think Francis Lee has a lot of potential. Plus Saoirse and Kate seem to have great chemistry.

14. [​IMG]

Every night I perform a dark magic ritual praying for Saoirse Ronan's Oscar to come quickly.

15. If James Mangold can’t get Timmy an Oscar then I have no idea.

Andrew.L likes this.
  16. I came here to hype for Kirsten Dunst's first Oscar but realised The Power of The Dog isn't out until 2022.
    [​IMG]

Can we make the Oscars 2021-22 thread too?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  17. 2014

2014 Staff Member

UGH Kirsten is the one actress I need to see on that podium. She deserves so much.

18. Aubrey Plaza AND Christopher Abbott? Oh, I'll be eating good this year.

19. Except for The Dressmaker, which is high-key fucked-up wonderful.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.