Oscar Bait 2020 - 21 | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Oscar Bait 2020 - 21

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by strangekin, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Not watching this trailer bc I want to pretend this movie is about the first cow on the moon for as long as possible

2. Now I love A24 movies, but they showed the trailer before Little Women and it looked awful

CaliDevotion likes this.
  3. I’m beyond moved that Bessie’s story is finally getting told and on the big screen too?!

4. Good grief. Can’t we at least get this tiresome season over first.

Someboy likes this.
  5. Kate and Judy Davis are always great, but Liam in that movie is one of the biggest miscasts in the history of cinema.

6. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

This thread exists purely for @strangekin to annoy me, I know it. It’s kind of cute in a way.

7. I'm shocked that Kirsten's never even been nominated for an Oscar!!! I was convinced she'd been nominated for Interview with the Vampire.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  8. I mean Kirsten should have been nominated for Interview and Melancholia and she should have won for Bring It On

9. Oh here's the tea

scottdisick94 likes this.
  10. I cringed when the announcer at the Golden Globes mispronounced her name. For Gods sake the woman has been a big name in Hollywood for 25 fucking years. Its KEERSTEN, not KURSTEN. How in 2020 is that a trial?

nooniebao and Island like this.
  11. The fact that Bring It On was not nominated for any Oscars is a disgrace. Kirsten for Best Actress, Gabrielle Union for Best Supporting Actress and Jessica Bendinger should have been nominated for Best Original Screenplay.

And, Best Picture, of course.

Sorry, Ridley.

scottdisick94, stuaw and BTG like this.
  12. 2014

2014 Staff Member

waiT I did not even know this? Fake fan ":("

stuaw likes this.

13. Best Original Song

14. Should have been in Original Screenplay that year, definitely. When was the last time anyone quoted a line from Billy Elliott or You Can Count On Me at you?

Leader Beans likes this.
  15. Do I still know every word in 2020? Absolutely.

16. See also Naomi Watts. What you been doing? Here for a comeback that doesn’t involve playing Diana

17. I just came back from 1917 on IMAX and I have no words. For me, it's one of the best films I've seen. Very close to match with Parasite. I was in tears at random moments and the soundtrack is just so fucking immense. I felt everything, it was so fucking tense as well. That entire scene/sequence when he arrived at the French village - it was like a fever dream. Oh wow, Sam Mendes really did that.

Now, with the same concept - please someone direct a horror/slasher flick in one continuous (they can cheat like what Mendes' did) take?

18. I had the same thought. I’d love to see more genres tackle it.

Meathook likes this.
  19. The Silent House is worth a watch (Uruguayan original of course, not the Hollywood remake).

Meathook likes this.
  20. My friend's feature is premiering at Sundance, can't wait to hear reactions

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.