Oscar Bait 2020 - 21 | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Oscar Bait 2020 - 21

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by strangekin, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Royal Tenenbaums & Fantastic Mr Fox are brilliant, but the rest of his films have left me so cold.

torontodj likes this.
  2. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Grand Budapest Hotel was wonderful but the new one looks messy and confusing just from the trailer.

Andrew.L likes this.
  3. I usually like his films a lot but I REALLY couldn't get on board with Isle Of Dogs, so hopefully this one is better.

(Also, Ralph Fiennes was robbed of a nomination for The Grand Budapest Hotel; even five years on it still hurts that he, Jake Gyllenhaal and David Oyelowo all got snubbed.)

4. Royal Tenenbaums and The Grand Budapest Hotel were triumphs.
    This does seem like a retread.

5. Fantastic Mr Fox still tugs at my wig

6. I would let Dev Patel desecrate me

7. i'm about to start swallowing

diamondliam, Phloo, jordxn and 12 others like this.
  8. Haley Bennett is the world's best actress and on this essay I will demonstrate how her role as Cora Corman in the trailblazing work of art Music & Lyrics not only changed the landscape for pop music but also paved the way for people to like, act and sing or whatever, and how said role should have landed her every award possible excluding a Razzie.

9. Justice for Entering Bootytown!

strangekin, codecat and lushLuck like this.
  10. Island

Island Staff Member

Oh Shanti Shanti!

11. All of his work left me cold and I find it very unfunny. Maybe I just don't get him.

12. Ive only seen Budapest, Fox, and Moonrise Kingdom. But yeah - I don’t get it either.

Judy Jetson Hooker likes this.
  13. I'm here for Saoirse getting nominated every year for 20 years until she ties/breaks Meryl's record.

ysev, hologram, Conan and 9 others like this.
  14. Okay but we need the Academy to vote her to win

[​IMG]

15. Saoirse Ronan when she’s offered a role set in the present day

[​IMG]

Jwentz, ysev, bakerboy92 and 13 others like this.
  16. Inch resting.

She said she's done with period pieces for a while after this in an interview

17. [​IMG]

Remorque likes this.
  18. Promising Young Woman was the Surprise Film at the Glasgow Film Festival last night. I can’t stop thinking about it. I knew nothing going into it and some of the twists it’s threw out there left me open mouthed. It is such a brilliant film which is going to generate so much discussion when it’s released. Carey Mulligan is unrecognisable in it. She’s going to be nominated for every award going next year.

Just as a heads up, the Trailer gives away some of the twists. I’d go in as blind as you can to the plot. It will only enhance your enjoyment.

And the rumours are true, Stars Are Blind is featured heavily.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    lushLuck, 4Roses and 2014 like this.
  19. my hole is ready

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.