Oscar Bait 2021 - 22 | Page 69 | The Popjustice Forum

Oscar Bait 2021 - 22

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by strangekin, Jan 9, 2021.

1. I KNEW IT!

CODA is winning Best Picture. The momentum started on SAG night and it’s gonna take it all the way. (For the doubters, PGA uses a preferential ballot system the exact same way the Oscars do)

Andrew and lushLuck like this.
    soratami and aboutyounow like this.
  3. CHAOS! CHAOS!

EXPECTED:

Jóga and lushLuck like this.
  4. I think The Power of the Dog is a better movie, but I wouldn't be mad at CODA snatching it. I bawled and thought it was a really stunning portrayal of platonic love.

5. How is this possible? The movie is nominated several times and she just won a Golden Globe.

What a great way to get the young audience.

JamieHT likes this.
  6. LTG

LTG

She’s not a nominee so doesn’t automatically get an invite, so it’s apparently up to Disney as the studio whether she gets to take one of the ones allocated to them.

Andrew and Cognitive Dissonance like this.
  7. So much for supporting diversity in Hollywood nn. That's outrageous.

8. Nn she's definitely gonna get to go now. Chess not checkers!

Square, beyoncésweave, aux and 18 others like this.
  9. I was kinda wondering if they were avoiding bringing Ansel by not having either lead present?

10. Is there any precedent for the leads of a Best Picture nominee not even being invited?

11. It’s just one thing after another where “they” - the Academy, the network, the producers - really don’t understand how simple they should make this show (I mean, even the fact that there are three hosts), and how everything that’s come out only makes them look bad to the people who actually want to watch.

12. I managed to watch The Eyes of Tammy Faye (a few times actually) and really loved it. I knew nothing about her so it was a really educational watch and rather emotional finding out about how much she supported the LGBT community during the height of the AIDS crisis. Jessica was outstanding in it. I really want her to take the Oscar but have no idea on her chances. Also living for the soundtrack.
    I also thought Andrew Garfield gave a stronger performance here than in tick tick BOOM.

Andrew likes this.
  13. I'm not sure Zegler being there or not means anything to a 'young' audience. They didn't exactly flock to see the film itself.

Tracy Jacks and Andrew like this.
  14. The more I think about it, the more I think Jessica should win. Hers is definitely the performance that left the deepest impression on me in that category.

Being The Ricardos, although I didn't hate it the way others seem to, really didn't deserve any of its nominations. JK Simmons could play that role unconscious and there were loads of more deserving performances in the lead categories. I echo what others said earlier in the discussion - in a just world Simon Rex would be winning Best Actor in a landslide.

15. Yeah but she still has surely fans. Plus she is playing Snow White so Disney could have started some promo for that already. Oh well I just find it surprising.

16. “It came true!”

Square, nooniebao, HorseTears and 5 others like this.
  17. Where? When?

Island and berserkboi like this.
  18. They shouldn't be celebrating either as their 50th anniversaries at the Oscars will be NEXT year!!!

Mike, berserkboi and Lost In Japan. like this.
  19. Cute publicity stunt x

singabob likes this.
  20. LTG

LTG

After all the speculation about changing Covid rules to get Van Morrison to perform

nooniebao and Andrew like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.