Oscar Bait 2021 - 22 | Page 78 | The Popjustice Forum

Oscar Bait 2021 - 22

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by strangekin, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Dafuq

give her the Emmy for guest actress in a comedy series (for SNL) and she’ll be 3/4 EGOT!

Island likes this.
  2. Island

Island Staff Member

Ffff Diane's stone faced reaction.

WowWowWowWow and torontodj like this.
  3. It was real. I did laugh at the joke first. But then I forgot that Jada has alopecia.

I think that's why she was so offended by the joke. It's understandable.

Of course, the assault is not.

Maria and WowWowWowWow like this.
  4. Is he though? Funny enough the first advice/exchange I read about Denzel and Will was when he advised Will not to do the kissing scene in Six Degrees of Separation. I’ve been cautious about him since then…

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
  5. Island

Island Staff Member

Kevin Costner..... daddy

6. I'm so tired of straight men.

lushLuck, Uno, Denemarken and 20 others like this.
  7. Get on with it old man. Also, Pedro Almodovar better slay in the front.

HorseTears and WowWowWowWow like this.
  8. It's wrong that watching desperate Diane Warren lose in her category is a personal highlight of each Oscar telecast, isn't it?

9. Ms. Campion is so messy I kinda have to stan.

lushLuck and HorseTears like this.
  10. No

snoho, lushLuck, Atletico and 12 others like this.
  11. I did laugh at her "that was dramatic" comment to Costner. She was only saying what we were all thinking!

12. We had the 50th anniversary celebration of The Godfather and the 30th anniversary celebration of White Men Can’t Jump, so it’s only natural that we get the… 28th anniversary celebration of Pulp Fiction ?!

13. This Will Smith-Chris Rock thing has unfortunately made the 2022 Oscars a historic event, despite being pretty lackluster so far.

I’m not convinced it’s staged in any sense. It would be… a lot for someone like Chris Rock to be wilfully slapped and cussed out by another Black man on stage in front of a predominantly white audience.

Like money is one thing, but there are so many levels of embarrassment to this whole thing which my Black-ass could simply not bare. Rock took the hit like a champ but he won’t live this down.

Imagine having to live with footage of your assault being a meme now, BYE

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  14. RMK

RMK

Will Smith is a mess. Bad joke, but now we’re just hitting people. What?

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  15. Jada suffers from alopecia and Chris has a history of taking shots at Jada in past years. I’m not mad at Will.

16. The Smiths are committed to giving us content and I respect that.

17. The ceremony already felt a little tacky and then one of the presenters gets zooted in the face by an A-list nominee. I just -

Sam, Square, Sarzy and 3 others like this.
  18. Everything about the ceremony feels like it was dreamed up by someone who peaked in the 90s. Just...bizarre.

19. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

FFFFFFFF COME ON!!!!!!!

Chezam, sesita, aux and 4 others like this.
  20. This speech is....something.

Chezam, HorseTears and WowWowWowWow like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.