Oscar Bait 2022 - 2023 | The Popjustice Forum

Oscar Bait 2022 - 2023

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Jwentz, Apr 11, 2022.

1. News like this requires a new thread:

2. @Subwaykid please thread ban anyone who brings up the slap.

3. Jwentz and Inland Empire like this.
  4. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

berserkboi, Jwentz and Andy French like this.
  5. lushLuck likes this.
  6. It's definitely going to be a stacked director year with Scorsese and Spielberg releasing on top of like the entire class of young(ish) buzzy auteurs who all seem one movie away from being Oscar winners: Chazelle, Lanthimos, Reichardt, Baumbach, McDonagh, Aronofsky, Gerwig, Aster and Peele.

Then you have complete wildcards like Lynch, Cronenberg and O'Russell. This year is going to be fun!

7. lushLuck likes this.
  8. Came here to post this very thing. I am in shock. A secret Lynch project and a Cronenberg film? I read it might be the pilot for his Netflix series but still, fucking Lynch. I am excited.

9. If the pilot for the Netflix series is rejected (I don't know why it would but hey) then you already know he's gonna Mulholland Drive that shit, I'm shaking.

OlliMaus, Jwentz and Inland Empire like this.
  10. CaliDevotion likes this.
  11. Yeah, my friend who worked on the film said the script wasn't very good, but once he went through the whole filming his confidence on it was rekindled

aboutyounow likes this.
  12. The whiplash.

Andrew and lushLuck like this.
  13. CaliDevotion and lushLuck like this.
  14. I'm surprised since it came from Variety, not just some blog and I'd assumed they double and triple checked their sources but then again Lynch seemed pretty definitive in his denial. Disappointing if true, it was such a lovely surprise. It's been 15 years.

15. Okay but what if David is lying to keep it a secret. Please

16. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

If nothing else I hope he'd at least take this as a hint that people would love a new feature-length offering from him, and especially if Laura Dern was involved too.

Andy French likes this.
  17. Kristen’s hair giving Panic Room/Jodie Foster, unafraid to reference or not reference!

Jwentz likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.