Oscar Bait 2022 - 2023 | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Oscar Bait 2022 - 2023

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Jwentz, Apr 11, 2022.

1. LETS GOOOO

Slice of Life, Serg., Andrew and 7 others like this.
  2. He didn't tour in 2020.

3. Starting a rumor that Harry Styles is pro-cop

4. I'm sold. Although even if he wasn't Canada's hottest export I'd still be sold.

5. As a noted Harry skeptic and critic… I hate to say it, but I do think his persona is better suited to acting than music. I know it’s counterintuitive considering he’s on a stadium tour, but he can hide in a film, which I feel like he always wants to do on his albums.

6. He looks ancient nn.

Serg. and Someboy like this.
  7. Island

Island Staff Member

I like his beard stubble, I guess.

8. For me, this is perfection.

johnoclock likes this.
  9. Yeah I'll always be a hole for the Gosling glaze. It's the tired eyes.

10. The new young hottie in the new Top Gun feels like the perfect on-screen Ken to me. Like an obscene face.

Cha Cha Real Smooth was really sweet. Nice simple story told well. Great dialogue and great acting. Not quite getting the Oscar for Dakota!! hype though. She was really good and is very watchable but he was more of a standout to me. Certainly an original screenplay contender I’d say.

Lately and Jwentz like this.
  11. Already perched for how much we can drag him for his wishy washy teehee but serious I'm an ally who doesn't do anything to support press interviews

colouroffensive likes this.
  12. Not sure where to leave this, but I recommend Good Luck to You, Leo Grande. More importantly, Emma Thompson was incredible in it. It was refreshing to see a movie that dealt with sex, body image and ageing without being too sentimental. I wish Emma would get her flowers, and at least enter the Best Actress conversation, but... I'm not hopeful for a movie dropped on Hulu in June.

Slice of Life, Mike, Mikl C and 4 others like this.
  13. LTG

LTG

I went to see it yesterday. I don’t think it’s going to be Oscar-eligible because Disney/Searchlight didn’t even give it a limited cinema release in the US. But here it’s had a cinema release so might be in the BAFTA conversation.

Thompson’s amazing as usual and McCormack really holds his own against her.

Lucy Honeychurch likes this.
  14. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I met Emma when that film premiered at Sundance a few weeks ago and she was amazing - looked ultra glam, always smiling and must have done about 3 separate Q&A’s in a row but was just super interesting throughout. The film was ok at best dd

nooniebao and lushLuck like this.
  15. Elvis was fucking brilliant oh my god.

16. Agreed! I loved every second of it.

colouroffensive and AbSynth like this.
  17. The word of mouth for Elvis has been really strong. To be honest, I didn't really want to see it but I've heard Austin Butler and Kelvin Harrison Jr. (as B.B. King) are excellent. Now I'm intrigued.

Maria likes this.
  18. I'm not sure it'll have the legs to win awards next year, but I think Austin Butler is gonna get a Best Actor nomination for sure. I was lost in his performance for large stretches of the film and had to keep pulling myself back out. Enjoyed the film a lot, and will be recommending it, but I didn't absolutely love it, if you know what I mean? Like I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10, but an 8 would be too high on my scale.

Ashling92 and colouroffensive like this.
  19. Austin Butler having Oscar buzz after I got to know him on bloody The Carrie Diaries is wild.

20. My friend mentioned this yesterday, which was hilarious to me as I'd forgotten all about that show (it was never picked up in the UK so most people here never knew it existed in the first place)

Why anyone thought a Sex And The City prequel airing on the CW (!) was ever going to be a hit is beyond me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.