P!nk - Hurts 2B Human (8th Album) | Page 59 | The Popjustice Forum

P!nk - Hurts 2B Human (8th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Jan 30, 2019.

1. I was hoping the album would of been more uptempo based on the singles we have had so far. Especially if a lot of the songs were recorded at the same time.

It would of been nice if “Beautiful Trauma” was the ballad album and “Hurts 2B Human” was the uptempo one.

Hopefully she goes back to a more uptempo rock style for the next album(which will probably come out in 5+ years).

2. I don't mind ballads if it's more Sober or Try and less Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken basic ass piano balladry.

3. I love her piano ballads but not songs like I Am Here or Where We Go please.

4. I Am Here is fantastic though.

Lost Boy, maneater83, Ferk and 2 others like this.
  5. If more is another piano ballad, then I guess I don't need to spend $30-$40 for the Japanese release.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  6. Unless of course you were lucky enough to hear RCA's early premiere on Spotify.

7. Can those who heard it consider themselves lucky?

andru and sesita like this.
  8. Yes

londonrain and maneater83 like this.
  9. Hurts's is really a return to form. Stunning track.

Music Is Life and Ferk like this.

10. Stunning!

Music Is Life, Maki and Ferk like this.
  11. Don’t like the new track either. Can We Pretend may be basic as fuck but at least it’s boppable.

bakerboy92 likes this.
    Maki and andru like this.
  13. Has it been mentioned that Uffie co-wrote this? So random.

londonrain, Ferk and Jacques like this.
  14. The lyric videos this era are really funny.

15. It really is.

Can We Pretend is a bop and I enjoy it a bit, generic as it may be.​

16. I know that this has probably been discussed 100 times already but that album cover really is unacceptable...

17. ‘Unacceptable’... it’s fine.

18. Finally heard "Hurts 2B Human" and it's a really nice track, although I wasn't amazed by it. Still, it will for sure be a grower song, similarly to "Walk Me Home".
    It sounded exactly as I imagined just by reading the title of the song - chill, with slight R&B influences.
    The verses are so typical for P!nk, it reminds me of her other song and I can't remember it at the moment.
    I really like the bridge, which gave me slight "Just Give Me a Reason" vibes. The production is also really good, but I'll have to get used to the repetitive post-chorus. Not knowing his music, Khalid's voice reminded me of Labrinth and it goes really well with P!nk.
    Here's a lyric video that was released yesterday:

I like how every song we've heard so far is different, but it makes me wonder that the album won't be so cohesive. However, the person who has heard the album said that it is consistent due to slower songs, so I hope that's the case.

And here's my ranking of the songs so far:
    1. Hustle
    2. Hurts 2B Human
    3. Walk Me Home
    4. Can We Pretend

londonrain likes this.
  19. I get what they were trying to do but the execution was terrible.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.