P!nk - Sixth Studio Album (2012) | The Popjustice Forum

P!nk - Sixth Studio Album (2012)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by SpanishEyes, Jan 19, 2012.

1. An executive with RCA confirmed in December we'll be getting an album this year. Now, apparently someone from Sony said it's coming out in the second trimester of 2012.

Fucking finally! BRING. IT.

2. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Consider my year made. Anticipationwise Madonna has nothing on this.

3. YES. I was coincidentally reading up on P!nk and I'm Not Dead. This was quite interesting to know:

4. Yes! But when is the second trimester?
    You didn't know what it was about?

5. I knew what it was about, just P!nk's attitude towards it made me laugh a lot!

6. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Stop looking after your baby and RECORD.

Looking forward to this, but I never seem to buy her albums until about a year after they come out for some reason.

7. Pink is a wonderful talent, but I would really like to hear her grow up. No more "fucking ex party like I'm Avril Lavinge" songs PLEASE. Her voice is so gorgeous but I really don't like much of what she releases. A lot of it makes me cringe. I wish she'd experiment with her sound more, she certainly has the voice for it.

8. jtm

jtm

Record stores in Australia are safe for another year.

Very much looking forward to her returning. I think she's probably the best selling female popstar in terms of album sales (and maybe except for the US) isn't she?

9. I thought the reason for P!nk not releasing a new studio album, and instead put out her Greatest Hits was that she had 'nothing to talk about'?

10. Yep. I bet she has now.

11. Goochicoochicooooooo will be one of them I bet.

12. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Can't wait for this!

13. I hope this is more I'm Not Dead than Funhouse. Please no more Please Don't Leave Me's. I like me some dark, deep and vulnerable Pink. That album had so many great songs - even including Fingers and Conversations With My 13-year-old self which were better than a of tracks on Funhouse (and these aren't even that album's highlights!).

Me vengo, me vengo. Such great news.

14. Excuse me?! One of the best P!nk's songs if not the best!

15. What I love about Pink is that she can do anything. She can do dark and moody, vulnerable and sad, fun and upbeat and still be believable with all.

I would probably say that she's my favourite artist ever. No word of a lie.

16. I just hope that she works with some new producers, the old Max Martin/Dr Luke/Linda Perry formula is really tiresome now.

17. Can she do anything? She's been doing the same thing for quite a while now. If she does something a little different, maybe I'll get interested. As it stands, her last two singles were atrocious, and 'So What?' was almost as bad.

18. Fair enough. It's all down to personal opinion. There isn't a single of hers that I haven't liked.

I can see that she often sticks to a formula, but it's one that I happen to love.

19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I thought all 3 (or 4) new songs on her Greatest Hits were brilliant, although Raise Your Glass was massively let down by it's video.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.