Paige Cavell - Predators and Monsters Xenomania | The Popjustice Forum

Paige Cavell - Predators and Monsters Xenomania

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Jackooh, May 6, 2019.

1. Paige Cavell is a new Xenomania artist.

Her new single has been announced today it’s called Predators and Monsters and it’s out 10th May.

Attached Files:

basil likes this.
  2. The song is out.

3. I say this as someone who even generally enjoys Unperfect, but this genuinelly sounds/looks like something straight out of Ark Music Factory.

Noir and xtophermorrison like this.
  4. Christ, where does Brian find these girls? The song is rancid.

Suburbia, Island and xtophermorrison like this.
  5. I have never witnessed a spectacular fall from grace such as this. Miranda Cooper et al, come back and save Brian.

I do like this a bit better than Unperfect, but it's by a hairline margin.

6. Me in 2007: I'd love to get inside Brian's mind and see what goes on!

Me in 2019: I'd love to get inside Brian's mind and see what goes on...

basil, jawow_, LPT and 10 others like this.
  7. Xenomania needs to disappear again. The only good thing they’ve done recently is Nadine’s music.

8. Ya'll high? This song SLAPS. I popped it on at pre's over the weekend and everyone was like ''oooh what's this?!". What a BOP.

9. This song goes wonderfully with the Jax Jones, Solverid and Madison Beer song. I love me a tune that sounds like a European gloryhole.

Jackooh likes this.
  11. I'm trying to decide if I'm onboard with this or not. It definitely bops, but in a 3Beat Bulgaria remix package sort of way. Would have preferred for it to be saved for Nadine's never-to-be-released second album.

The "Xenomania presents..." tag is a bit desperate and reeks of Pussycat Dolls (feat. Nicole Scherzinger) vibes.

I also have to say it annoys me that the mastering is so clean and polished for this when Brian under-produced the whole unperfect EP with that cheap tinny production.

And meanwhile "Fool For Love" sounds like Brian made Nads record it in her car.

basil and girlsaloudjunkie like this.
  12. This has legit become one of my most fave songs of 2019. Why would he not have given this to Nadine!!!?

basil likes this.
  13. The video's not great but this is one of my favourite records of the moment. It's kinda Sia meets Clubland.

basil, roborovsky and Poker Pro like this.
  14. Wait this is really good.

15. New EP was out today. I feel like that fell under the radar.

1. Figure It Out
    2. Tug Of War
    3. Vibe

16. Are they all Xenomania?

17. I assume so, she’s a Xenomania artist.

CasuallyCrazed likes this.
  18. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

It's a cute EP, but there is literally nothing about it that sets her apart from the other Spotify pop girls. Predators & Monsters was a bit of a cheap move to get the four-on-the-floor gays on board, but at least it stood out a little from the crowd. These three songs are utterly devoid of any new ideas, and if they were indeed produced by Brian (which I can't even tell, none of them have any of his trademarks in any form), then it just goes to show how creatively bankrupt he is right now.

Poker Pro likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.