Paloma Faith - Infinite Things | Page 15 | The Popjustice Forum

Paloma Faith - Infinite Things

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Wait, you don't like Fall to Grace? That's my favourite record of hers!

AndrewX and kaushik like this.
  2. I’ve listened to the whole album now. It’s not a bad album. I think someone else summed it up well by describing it as having less highs than her other albums overall.

Maki likes this.
  3. I like many individual songs. But I always felt like that was the wrong album to follow Do You Want The Truth. Also, wasn’t Nelle Hooper involved with in the making of it? I’m generally a fan of Hooper’s productions, but something about that album felt wrong after her debut.

GRMusic likes this.
  4. Fall to Grace has „Picking up the Pieces“ which is still one of her best songs ever. That makes it worthy already.

Mikl C, bonnieetclyde and 4Roses like this.
  5. Let Your Love Walk In and 30 Minute Love Affair are definitely in her Top 10.

Edu, bonnieetclyde and Jacques like this.
  6. If This Is Goodbye might be the highlight for me.

AndrewX and 4Roses like this.
  7. I think a Paloma Faith discography rate might need to happen.

8. This is definitely growing on me and I didn’t realise she recorded a lot of this in her basement at home during lockdown, which is cool.

SlowBurn, Maki and Fanatical like this.
  9. Remove 'Me Time' and "I'd Die for You" and it's kinda perfect.

computer boy likes this.
  10. I prefer both of them over „Beautiful & Damned“.

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  11. ‘Me Time’ is one of my favourites!

Island, 4Roses, Markus1981 and 3 others like this.
  12. Don’t see a lot of love for this one, it’s one of my favourite tracks!

computer boy likes this.
  13. Beautiful & Damned and Living With a Stranger needs to be singles. They should have gone with those along with Supernatural, Monster, and the title track to promote this album.

P'NutButter, Txetxu, Maki and 2 others like this.
  14. For me, "Monster" is the clear lead single. Memorable, instant, catchy and, of course, delicious.

computer boy, swim and Maki like this.
  15. After multiple listens - tracks 1 through 9 are solid! The flow is excellent. Each one of them is memorable, with plenty of hooks. Same goes for the last two tracks on the album.

Beautiful & Damned, and I’d Die For You are just there. These two songs are low points on the album for me.

Maki and bonnieetclyde like this.
  16. Madism Remix of "Gold" out tomorrow. It's nice to see they're continuing to push the single, and haven't just dropped support for the album after its release.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    bonnieetclyde likes this.
  17. OK I’m officially digging this album. “Supernatural” NEEDS to be a single.

Txetxu likes this.
  18. HMD

HMD

Indeed. I read a review which dragged it (the author saying it sounds like a dated ‘Roar’)... but it’s my clear favourite so far. Loved it on first listen.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    Txetxu likes this.
  19. It sounds like “Roar?” What the hell?

20. I'm enjoying this album immensely, she can never do wrong, can she?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.