Paloma Faith - Infinite Things | Page 16 | The Popjustice Forum

Paloma Faith - Infinite Things

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Butterfly, Jan 21, 2020.

1. I love the song but the chorus reminds me of Sia with the exaggerated vocals. The same with Supernatural.

D.Jay and andru like this.
  3. 'Monster' is the ONE.

D.Jay, Fanatical and andru like this.
  4. I think it’s so odd she is so slept on around here.

Mvnl, SlowBurn, kaushik and 1 other person like this.
  5. She’s doing fine on the charts though!

I’ve been playing this album quite a lot - gotta say, I like some songs even more than I did initially. I even want back to The Architect this week. Hadn’t listened to that one in ages. But I still think her debut is the one.

computer boy and man.tis.shrimp like this.
  6. The album is the perfect example of a grower! I went from thinking it was her worst effort, to absolutely loving it and I now think it's her best.

7. There's a 'deluxe edition' with A Christmas Prayer as track 14 released tomorrow.

8. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I tried listening to this again and her vocals are quite....painful across the whole thing. This whole release has been tragic.

9. Definitely the album of her career for me. Full of slow-burning melodies and strong lyrics. I can't see it being a hit though. It's not really a bop-centric record.

computer boy likes this.
  10. Hum... a what?
    Adding a single Christmas single to the album doesn't make it a deluxe, Paloma. But okay.
    Either way I won't complain, I like most of the songs here so thank you for releasing an album, unlike many of my faves tbh ddddddd.

Jacques and computer boy like this.
  11. I forgot she was releasing an album,
    I listened to half... Um. Yeah, Monster is my favorite so far.
    Her music has always been pretty hit or miss for me, but when she hits the music is so good.

12. The Christmas song is cute, but disposable.

It's interesting that Paloma's very first official release was also a Christmas song and a duet with a male:

c_0_r_3_y likes this.
  13. Well I think it’s one of her best albums so not sure what you’ve heard from the new album.

14. Island

Island Staff Member

I found her vocals so watered down for most of the album, which kind of cheapened it for me.

15. Wow, this came and went, didn't it? I didn't even realize this was released yet.

Lapras, Neon Green and Maki like this.
  16. My least favourite is Last Night on Earth. The whole album ascended to be my favourite of hers. Her first three albums are excellence and The Architect is a bop machine, but I kinda feel this one closer to what I want to hear from Paloma. And the Monster-Gold-Falling Down trifecta is flawless. Also, Better Than This-Me Time-If Loving You Was Easy makes a neat trio.

computer boy, Liberty and SlowBurn like this.
  17. Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    Maki, Pretend, Verandi and 1 other person like this.
  18. There's also "LA Versions" of Impossible Heart and 30 Minute Love Affair - I can't recall if they were ever released before.

19. Island

Island Staff Member

How old are those Braide songs?

computer boy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.