Pan Am | The Popjustice Forum

Pan Am

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by stuaw, Jun 27, 2011.

1. [​IMG]

Pan Am is a television series centered around the iconic airline Pan American World Airways during the 1960s. The period drama, from former ER writer Jack Orman, will focus on the pilots and flight attendants working for the world-famous airline in 1963.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oVdLIvcNRE

Debuts September 25. Can't wait.

2. The Australian soap actors and actresses seem to get into American TV and Film really easily.

3. They look good, can act and come cheap. It's a Hollywood casting agent's dream.

4. Chris Hemsworth, Isabel Lucas and Sharni Vinson can act now?

This show looks interesting, there is something about the golden age of aviation this is very appealing.

5. Chris Hemsworth was dodgy on Home and Away, I've only seen him in Star Trek since and for the 15 minutes he was in it, he was surprisingly good. I've always thought Isabel Lucas was good. I haven't seen anything with Sharni Vinson in since Home and Away to be honest.

6. Wasn't Chris Hemsworth Thor? He was OK in that. Mind, it's sort of a plank-of-wood role to play.

I actually rate a lot of the Home & Away cast at the moment. There are some old hams in there, but some really good actors too. Off-topic, but there we go.

Really looking forward to this. Though moderately disappointed the thread wasn't about Pam Ann.

7. Sharni Vinson is the biggest shock of all. The damage she has done to her skin. I'm surprised that Tammin Sursok and Indiana Evans have only managed daytime soap and kids TV but there you go.

8. Tammin is on Pretty Little Liars which is prime time TV on a reasonably big cable channel. Yes, for teenagers, but it's still one of the top rated shows on cable so she's done alright for herself.

9. This looks great - ok, it'll be Mad Men in the sky (but trashier) but that whole 60s thing is right up my street.

10. I think this looks great. Margot Robbie was great in Neighbours so I think she'll do very good in this.

11. I wish that Christina Ricci could still get roles in good films! Still, maybe this will raise her profile again...

12. jtm

jtm

I'm sure this will be very fabulous.

13. This looks really good! I love things like this.

14. They wouldn't be so tasteless as to take it right up to Lockerbie, would they?

15. I don't think so. It's paired with Desperate Housewives and is more of a soap opera than a show concerned about the historical events. You never know though. I don't think Hollywood consider things like this tasteless anymore. We've had films surrounding much more recent tragic events such as 9/11 and let's not forget Titanic is one of the highest grossing and most applauded films of all time. It may have been an accident but it still resulted in a huge number of tragic deaths.

16. jtm

jtm

That would be a good season ending cliffhanger though.

17. Is anyone watching this?

18. Currently watching the first episode, Christina Ricci just gets better with age.

19. It's been discussed in the pilot season topic. It's my second favourite new drama of the season after Revenge. It's so light and lovely. All of the characters are great, especially Colette. And Margot Robbie is stunning. I'm so happy she's 'made it' so soon after Neighbours.

20. I decided to watch the 1st episode on Tuesday to see what I thought and immediately watched the 2nd and 3rd straight after, I really like it. I love the redhead, I think her name is Kelli Garner.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.