Pan Am | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Pan Am

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by stuaw, Jun 27, 2011.

1. This!

ABC picked up 5 new scripts of the show. Kind of looking forward to seeing what the new showrunner will do with the show.

2. More scripts doesn't necessarily mean more episodes but it's a good (ish) sign. We might get 18 episodes and then that'll be it. I'll be sad because I do enjoy this show but I just really hope Margot Robbie gets more work after this.

3. Yeah, they're not committed to producing the five additional scripts. They just want to see what changes the new showrunner proposes to see if it would be worth continuing with the show.

I'm not holding my breath, they've already got another show, GCB, which would fit in nicely in its slot in the new year plus it is apparently quite expensive to make. It will all depend on the quality of the new scripts and whether the show remains stable over the next few weeks. They're not taking any breaks between now and Christmas by the looks of it which is good.

4. I found Kate breaking up with the guy at the airport quite sad, the scene was very well done (if a bit clichéed).

Dean reminds me a bit of Matthew from Downton Abbey.

5. jtm

jtm

I'm looking forward to this starting next week! Apparently it's pretty successful outside the US, which might make the back nine order a bit more likely.

6. ABC probably don't have much to gain from international revenue though because it's distributed by Sony Pictures.

7. I'm expecting Mad Men meets The Secret Life Of The Airport. I shall probably enjoy it.

(It seems like yesterday that Christina Ricci was a little girl in Mermaids...now look at her all grown up).

8. Twilight's Ashley Greene is joining the show for at least three episodes. That's a relatively high profile signing considering she's in the latest film. Hopefully that alone will bring the viewing figures up enough for them to film the five additional scripts ordered.

9. jtm

jtm

I know, but maybe Sony will keep it alive. Though that would be a first, and international revenue is next to nothing compared to the license fee they get from the US broadcaster.

10. What ABC will probably do is negotiate a cheaper licensing fee and move the show to another time slot.

11. duckface

duckface Guest

I just hope it survives. The pilot was a bit all over the place but the last three episodes have been fantastic.

12. They just need to take the focus off Kate for a week. A lot of the reviews I've read really dislike the espionage plot and how Kate gets a story every single week when the other girls have to take turns.

13. They've got four dramas scheduled for mid-season, and (on current form) two genuine drama hits for the first time in ages. None of that bodes well for this show.

The poor ratings have put me off watching the show - I don't want to start getting into something only for it to be cancelled.

14. That's my biggest problem with the show right now. Collette and Maggie barely did anything at all in the last episode.

And either way, this isn't getting a second season.

15. By the sounds of the next episode, it seems quite Kate-lite which I'm very glad for, you can have too much of a good thing. She's had the main focus all season - give Colette a storyline, I loved her flying the plane.

16. Last night's episode was the first that I've enjoyed in a number of weeks. Kate's storyline has become extremely irritating. Although, I was still a bit annoyed that it was Kate who was with the dying man since Maggie and (especially) Laura weren't doing much for the episode.

17. I think that was the best episode of the series so far. I'm glad tehre were no flashbacks and we didn't get too much spy drama from Kate, I liked her storylien with the old man. I loved Laura with the gun-wielding Haitians. Great to see more from Colette too.

18. duckface

duckface Guest

You're all mad, Kate is the best part of this whole shebang.

19. She's good but I feel seeing her every week at the expense of everyone else is too much of a good thing.

20. It's been picked up for one more episode bringing its season 1 total to 14. And it's not on ABC's midseason schedule.

RIP Pan Am.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.