Parade | The Popjustice Forum

Parade

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by kill the DJ, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Signed to Warners / Atlantic and supporting Alexandra Burke on her tour. The line up includes one girl from doomed girl group City Girls (me neither), Jessica Agombar from Banned of St Trinians and Emily Biggs from X Factor's Hope. I dont think they were named after the top-shelf men's magazine.

They're official website launches this Friday with the debut single streaming, which may or may not be this track 'Perfume' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M8wWzM2G8

2. Re: Parade (New Atlantic Records Girl Group)

I wish girlgroups would cut the dance routines out, the 'perfume' part is cool, but the hand gestures on 'dropping all the toys...' is just wierd! However, very catchy song and they look good as a group. Are they miming though? I'll not be able to like them if they do, ha.

3. Re: Parade (New Atlantic Records Girl Group)

Their new website has just gone live: http://www.paradeofficial.com/

Louder sounds very good. It's so catchy!

4. Re: Parade (New Atlantic Records Girl Group)

'Louder' sounds really good, if they scrap the awful dance moves then they could be really quite good. Quite excited about them now.

5. RRC

RRC

Re: Parade (New Atlantic Records Girl Group)

Neither of those songs sound very good, and they're styled/look almost exactly like the Saturdays. I hope that's not a lazy comparison, but it's the first that came to mind.

6. Re: Parade (New Atlantic Records Girl Group)

no they are not miming!!!!!.....ha

7. Re: Parade (New Atlantic Records Girl Group)

Anyone could tell me if she had any memorable part in any of those songs?

8. Re: Parade (New Atlantic Records Girl Group)

who? jessica?

9. Re: Parade (New Atlantic Records Girl Group)

Yeah.

10. Re: Parade (New Atlantic Records Girl Group)

in st.trinians..i wouldnt know because i havnt seen it.....seems like she has an amazing voice from the parade vids ive seen though!!

11. Re: Parade (New Atlantic Records Girl Group)

I just realised I've got a tweet from Jessica because she's 'Realising there's so many more Jessica's out there than I thought!'... but I wasn't even following her. However, I now obviously have to like this group and she's now of course my favourite member. Aha!

Does anyone know if they have done anything since the launch of the site? It's gone a bit quiet.

12. Re: Parade (New Atlantic Records Girl Group)

Quiet? They haven't even kicked off yet.

13. Re: Parade (New Atlantic Records Girl Group)

Very promising. And they all look great!

Perfume sounds great!

14. Re: Parade (New Atlantic Records Girl Group)

They performed at my school today; they were amazing :D. They performed 'Perfume', Cee Lo Green's 'Forget You' and their debut single 'Louder'. Their cover of 'Forget You' was also amazing. We got signed autographs too which was great. :D, they genuinely seemed like lovely girls; hope they are successful. Oh and 'Louder' is released February 2011.

15. Re: Parade (New Atlantic Records Girl Group)

I'm starting to really like these! Louder sounds brilliant, very fun and catchy. Feb seems a sensible date. I think they may do quite well.

16. Re: Parade (New Atlantic Records Girl Group)

I like Emily, I remember her from when she was with Hope from X Factor. Looks like she'll get more chance to sing with this group and the songs sound good too.

17. Re: Parade (New Atlantic Records Girl Group)

Not my thing, but they were better than I thought they would be when I saw them supporting Shakira.

They look more like a bunch of girls on a hen night rather than a girlgroup though, they should work on that

18. Re: Parade (New Atlantic Records Girl Group)

I was watching some vids on youtube fron Shakira and I do like their performance to their own songs, but it sort of makes you realise why they do so many dance routines, when they were just singing 'Forget You' they just lookied like five girls on a night out singing, not really a pop group. But I do really really like Louder and Perfume now.

According to Parades Managment Louder will be released on the 6th March, which is effectively the same date as wonderlands Not A Love song, so we're going to have a girlbnad debut showdown... (hopefully anyway). They recorded their video for this awhile ago so it's got to be showing soon? I'm really interested in seeing it.

19. Re: Parade (New Atlantic Records Girl Group)

Their dance moves are a bit shit but at least they CAN dance, which is an improvement and also what I personally like from my girlbands. They're lovely girls as well (Jessica in particular always responds to my tweets - clearly the best member) but I don't know how they'll fair in 2011 music climate, I can't really see them lighting up the charts... I saw them perform at a shopping centre thing and there were only 8 people there... Oh well.

A girlband debut Showdown sounds AWESOME though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.