Paramore - After Laughter (Fifth Album) + General Discussion | Page 42 | The Popjustice Forum

Paramore - After Laughter (Fifth Album) + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Slice of Life, Sep 27, 2016.

1. I always thought "Tell Me How" was my favourite from "After Laughter" but there was a moment in time, when I saw a live performance of "26" and damn - that song hit me so hard that it is still my favourite song of that record.

clowezra likes this.
  2. Their best song, for me anyway.

CC3332 and johnny_tsunami like this.
  3. Rose Coloured Boy, Forgiveness, Pool, and Idle Worship are what I consider the best.

4. There’s a place in my heart for all of their albums, but After Laughter is their masterpiece I reckon. I don’t think I could rate any song less than a 10/10!

AlmostFamous likes this.
  5. Not even No Friends?

6. I’ve always seen it as an interlude to be fair, and it segues perfectly between IW and TMH!

7. Same really, I don’t mind it really, I just prefer if it was a bit shorter so it didn’t go on too long.

clowezra likes this.
  8. Slightly late to the discussion, but is the only reason they haven't played All I Wanted live because of that note?

Also After Laughter is indeed their best album and I'm glad I'm not alone in this.

GRMusic likes this.
  9. I have a lot of love for Self-Titled as its the first CD I ever bought, but After Laughter is definitely their best.

10. I really can't think of a more deserving act of retrospective praise. Paramore's dedication to their art, the constant quality, the sheer amount of trauma and drama Hayley has endured and battled through for half of her life now... I am just so happy to have grown up with their music and I'll be rooting and listening to them until the very end.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    GRMusic and Music Is Death like this.
  11. 2014

2014 Staff Member

This came up on my YouTube recommended and whew - the talent!

After Laughter is really great but self-titled is bulletproof

12. Brand New Eyes is still my absolute favorite, as every song hits just right for me. But they keep improving with their craft with each album and I can't wait to see what they do next.

13. I can‘t even tell what my favourite album of theirs is.
    It was Riot! for a long time, then Brand New Eyes snatched and Self-titled destroyed me. After Laughter was so different but yet so great.
    I can‘t do this.

Music Is Death likes this.
  14. I love all Paramore albums, but Riot really has a hold on me. When I put that album on, I'm instantly transported back to 2007/2008 in my second year of University and out in the rock clubs at least 4 times a week, nearly every Emo girl had orange hair and the room would go crazy whenever Misery Business or Crush Crush Crush came on, it was the perfect soundtrack to that part of my life and when Decode came out later that year, it just made me love them even more.

15. I deleted No Friend to be honest, forgot it was even there.

16. No Friend is indeed an outlier on After Laughter but having read its backstory on how the band is such a fan of Aaron Weiss, the genius dot com annotations on the lyrics (brilliant stuff basically documenting the band's history) and finally after watching several live performances of it where Hayley, Zac and especially Taylor collectively go bonkers, you can just tell this song means a lot to them. The sheer energy in the below performance and the guitar being so loud send shivers down my spine every time.

Starts at around 3:40.

In any case please let me know if there's more I can give you,
    If nothing comes of it, then just know we are grateful.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    Music Is Death likes this.
  17. All this talk of After Laughter and no mention of "Fake Happy". That's the one for me.

4Roses, alanmr, 2014 and 7 others like this.
  18. No Friend is a great song and extremely underrated, fight me.

Gabeee9292 likes this.
  19. Paramore
    Riot!
    Brand New Eyes
    After Laughter
    All We Know Is Falling

is how I’d rank their albums right now. Same with most of the sentiments, Riot! has too much sentimental value for me to rank it anywhere below my second favourite.

Crisp X and AshtrayHeart like this.
  20. Ah, I went on a little Paramore kick after visiting this thread & this has to be one of their most underrated singles.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.