Paramore - "The News" (Dec 8) + This Is Why (Feb 10) | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Paramore - "The News" (Dec 8) + This Is Why (Feb 10)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by xOJakeXo, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Hayley getting here before Taylor, clever girl.

I think it works - the Talking Heads comparison seems right.

aaronhansome, xOJakeXo and Euphoria like this.
  2. I think the song could've used a little bit of Justin Meldal-Johnsen's polish, if only to differentiate it more from Hayley's solo stuff. But like Hayley's solo stuff I really do think this will grow on me, it just lacks the immediacy and punch I like in my Paramore.

Hayley is so good at conveying quiet rage in her vocals though, and when she fully lets go on the chorus and bridge, whew.

Leader Beans likes this.
  3. I’m a little surprised by the mixed reactions. I love the song. I love the longer than average Foals-esque intro. I love that each verse is structured a bit differently from each other. And I love that the chorus has been firmly lodged in my head since the first listen. Also, as an introverted hermit I can relate to the lyrics so much.

Hayley is stunning and very captivating in the video too.

4. This Is Why Great.

5. Not the best lead single but I’m sure the album will have a few good songs. Looking forward to it.

6. Their leads never end up being the best songs on their respective albums. I'd rank them as:
    1. Misery Business
    2. This Is Why
    3. Hard Times
    4. Now
    5. Ignorance
    6. Pressure

7. Misery Business pretty much was.

I‘d rank them:

1. Misery Business
    2. Ignorance
    3. Now
    4. Hard Times
    5. This Is Why
    6. Pressure

at least for now.

8. I feel sorry for the girls that can't enjoy this!

9. I don't! What is there to dislike about it?

10. This is fun. Not their best, but I'm happily bopping along.

Sick Sad World and Mushroom like this.
  11. Hayley looks and sounds great on the record. It's catchy but I think it will take a few more listens for it to properly click for me.

12. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Excellent interview with Paramore. So many great tidbits about the album too!

Hayley and Taylor confirm they are a couple.

aux, Mr.Arroz, KamikazeHeart and 17 others like this.
  13. As much as I rinsed Ignorance on release in 2009, it always felt like a more indie retread of Misery Business, and every other song on Brand New Eyes is better.
    I can’t wait to hear this new song when I get a chance.

14. I honestly cannot get enough of This Is Why. The detail is striking! All of the guitar licks and bass runs that anchor the song, Hayley showing so much restraint that gradually lessens until she is hitting the top of her range. Everything feels so precise and alive. I am a shrieking teenager for them at the moment because of this song.

15. Hm, I know they've grown to dislike promoting and what not but I just got this feeling that tiktok might EAT that chorus up, intentionally -or more than likely not- it's just custom made for the app and that's a good thing! I'd love it if this became another hit for them and if tiktok could do that without the band itself having to push the song (which they likely won't anyway nn) then more power to them and This Is Why!

In other great news, the song manages to chart in the USA without a full tracking day.

16. I’ve not played a single other song all day.

17. In love with this song. Interesting how she incorporated her solo sound into Paramore.

R0B0TB0Y, Music Is Death and Robert like this.
  18. What a banger.

19. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Their best album turns 13 today!

aux, Crisp X, Mr.Arroz and 8 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.