Paris Hilton | The Popjustice Forum

Paris Hilton

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Ordon, Aug 14, 2009.

1. I was certain someone must have already posted about this but could honestly not find the link. If there is an existing thread please ignore this.

So- my friend in L.A. just sent me this link to a YouTubed selection of the tracks from Paris Hilton's supposed next album.

The tracks featured are:
    1. PLATINUM BLONDE
    2. GIRL TAX
    3. CRAVE
    4. JAILHOUSE BABY

I quote my friend directly (whilst everyone can obviously judge for themselves):

"paris hilton returns. seriously, if anyone other than heidi montag wrote these lyrics, i will eat a pile of my own shit. whatever you do, don't give up on it before you hear jailhouse baby in its entirety. then laugh after its over as your 2 remaining brain cells fight for survival. this is unbelievable".

I personally think Jail Bird is actually good but, seriously, none of these are STARS ARE BLIND...

2. I don't want to turn into one of the Popjustice grammar F.B.I ... but I didn't understand a word of that...

3. Then don't.

4. Jailhouse Baby is a good track. I've had that for ages now... i'm so glad that BFF song is not going to be on the album. It was shite

5. I'm struggling to come up with a reason why a Paris Hilton sophomore album is at all necessary for humankind.

6. Charley

Charley Staff Member

What? 'My BFF' is way better than 'Jailhouse Baby', which was the b-side to 'Paris For President' by the way!

7. Britney's 'Amnesia' would have been perfect for the lead single of a second Paris album. It sounds very 'her' and is even written by the chap who did 'Stars Are Blind'.

8. Crap lyrics, but ace production! Crave sounds amazing.

9. I know, ace production....

It's just an opinion. I don't like that song. Jailhouse is fine!

10. I can't believe there's actually a thread for this

11. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

'Stars Of Blind' was good, she wasn't completely shit.

12. NITW and Screwed were epic!

Well, epic is maybe a bit generous...

13. That was a good song despite her, not because of her.

I'm just amazed how someone so brain dead manages to be sufficiently co-ordinated to use a microphone. The world needs another Paris Hilton album like we need World War 3.

14. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

I agree. It was the song, not Paris, that was good.

Although if she comes back with a song like that then a second album would be worth it. I don't have a massive problem with Paris Hilton like lots of people seem to, I'm pretty indifferent to her. I wouldn't mind a musical comeback and I wouldn't mind if she never sang a note again.

15. what ostensible talent does Paris Hilton have? It's certainly not singing...

16. Well whatever the case may be, comeback or no comeback, she won't be 'singing' any notes either way.

17. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

7 minutes! That took longer than I expected it to.

18. I don't mind the idea of Paris making another album (in theory) as long as the material is good.

I do think it's sad that money talks - and in Paris' case it talks VERY loudly - and she gets opportunities that less wealthy but far more talented people don't get.

19. Now now, in between the autotune/melodyne/whatever retuning package takes you fancy and "backing vocals" (ie heavily blended into main vocals) by Kara DioGuardi, the overall effect is quite good with minimal contribution from Paris.

I still love "Screwed", makes me want to get on to the dancefloor.

20. "Nothing In This World" is an amazing pop song.

This has potential.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.