Paris Hilton

^^ that is coming from a Britney fan who got bored of her.

Anyway, i wouldn't call Paris (the album) a gem. The only gems on that album are the two singles and Jealousy and Not Leaving Without You. Everything else is just okay. And that cover in the end is awful. But Nothing In This World really makes up for it all. Its the only reason why i don't mind calling Paris a popstar really. If she can re-create something as catchy, fun and fresh as that without trying too hard to sound 2010/2011 i'll be pleased.

Just listened to Crave again. WHAT A SONG!

L

lindsayblowhan

they were doing a live stream at a party of Paris watching her new show, The World According to Paris. During the commercials they were talking with her. One of the questions was about the album and she said about it being more house and also said that she's worked with Afrojack. She also mentioned another producer but she mumbled and I only caught DJ Afrojack. So that's something.

I'm not sure if these have been mentioned, but following her on twitter for a while, I've also remembered her mentioning working with Darkchild and Linda Perry. Whether anything will be used from these sessions is a completely different story.

Also random fact, Michael Jackson visited her home studio.

L

lindsayblowhan

We have a proper new single coming out! Paris is going to be featured in a song called Drunk Text by Manufactured Superstars. According to their facebook, it's coming out in August. They shot the music video the other day. It'll probably be a rather generic dance track, but knowing Paris, it'll be a top shelf general dance song. Musical comeback? Fingers crossed.

Sioux City Journal said:
Before the last episode airs, it's likely fans will get a glimpse of the next Paris -- the recording artist. Hilton says she she has been in the recording studio and should be emerging with a dance album ("it's what's in right now") that'll remind people of Kylie Minogue. "I love her and her music. I sound like her because I've always been a big fan."
The album -- which features Paris compositions -- "is really amazing," she says.
In person, Hilton's assessments don't sound as braggy as they do in print. Even though the album is just one more stop on her World Tour through show business, it does sound like something that took more than a minute's consideration. She details her inspirations, raves about Michael Jackson and sounds like she's ready for the next step.

Source

I think her voice would be great for Kylie-like stuff. I don't really know if I am exited or not any more after all the 'empty' promises. I'll just believe it after her first single is out, I guess, and this picture of the set of her newest video for the single 'Drunk Text' didn't really get me exited either. This outfit looks like it was borrowed from the 'Sugababes' after they finished the 'Sweet 7' era (i.e., not good at all). I don't know, I guess that and that 'it's what's "in" right now' comment are leaving me with the impression that it will end up sounding too generic for my liking. Her first album wasn't ground-breaking, but it never sounded like she was jumping into any bandwagon.

Sioux City Journal said:
"I love her and her music. I sound like her because I've always been a big fan."

Haha I love this! So have I but fucked if I sound anything like her!!

I liked Paris (at the time) so will likely pick this one up if it ever comes out.

L

lindsayblowhan

Drunk Text is NOT Paris' single. She is just featured on it.

Can you imagine if Turn It Up was re-recorded with really brilliant, up-to-date production. I normally wouldn't suggest a '2011 remix' but it's just such a fucking brilliant tune that can be really played with. It's a shame it didn't get a proper single release. The remixes would've be amazing. I think it could've still done rather well on the charts.

My biggest hope for whenever she releases a new album, we actually get a performance. My biggest dream is for an acoustic Stars Are blind. That'd just be so good. But that ain't happening.

There's only 1 episode left of The World According to Paris and we haven't seen anything about the album. Drunk Text is out in August, so I guess her single would come if it has any success. Fingers crossed.

L

lindsayblowhan

Paris debuted a new song with Dj Chuckie in Ibiza. Also, Manufactured Superstars are also in Ibiza so I'd put 2 and 2 together and think we'll be getting a debut of Drunk Text soon.

"Nothin In This World" is one of my favourite songs ever!...and she did release Turn It Up...I have a CD single full of remixes! (Import) Brilliant!