Paula Abdul | Page 48 | The Popjustice Forum

Paula Abdul

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Charley, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Can I just say that The Promise Of A New Day, is just utterly joyous in every way and I can never tire of it? Such a perfect piece of early 90s Dance-Pop!

2. The big hair overwhelms her a tad but she is a joy to watch on stage as always.

A well-deserved no1 for sure.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  3. She is just looking so awesome!!

4. The new Vibeology choreo is SO good.

Paula being cute in all her over-lit Randee St.Nicholas glory.

5. Her little renaissance should be paired with remastered deluxe editions of her three albums.

Island, whitesoxxx, V3RYP05H and 4 others like this.
  6. [​IMG]

7. I still don't click with the album tracks on Forever Your Girl, but I would snap up deluxe editions for all three in a heartbeat.

8. I feel like this wasn't the case for you a couple of years ago, so

[​IMG]

Then again, when you release six singles from a 10-track album, that doesn't leave you with a lot left, though I'd argue State of Attraction and One or the Other are cute girls, and the production on I Need You is very good (the topline could've used some work).

9. Here, here! C'mon on please Paula!

10. Exactly what I was thinking. I have most of Forever Your Girl and Head Over Heels on the Music Club Deluxe compilation, and the songs from the latter are all great. What I've heard from Spellbound I really like as well. It's just the four album cuts from the debut (and The Way That You Love Me to be honest) that leave me cold.

WhatKindOfKylie? and Jeffo like this.
  11. I bop to The Way That You Love Me. It's not as strong as the other singles but she's very good at being playful and it shows in this one. At over five minutes though, the album version runs a bit long.

For my money, the 7" remix is the best version. This is the version that was released before Straight Up. It's lightly remixed but is most notably different around the middle eight (which lacks the guitar solo). The version that was rereleased and became a hit in 1989 is just an edit of the album version.

12. The singles run from Forever Your Girl, has to be up there with my all time favourites. Bop after bop.

13. Paula just ziplined across Vegas with the dancers after the show. Then she screamed that they were gonna skydive for the second leg. I can’t believe she used to have so many pain issues and now she’s jumping around and doing stunts in her 50s!

V3RYP05H likes this.
  14. She's incredible!

beautifulmorning likes this.
  15. Ha, that's so cool!

16. Me ziplining out of a problematic thread

Island and beautifulmorning like this.
  17. There were videos. She was zipping over Vegas in the dark. Scary shit.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  18. No way I could be doing that that's for sure!!

19. Best version. The album version and its Edit are a complete bore.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.