Paula Abdul | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Paula Abdul

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Charley, Jun 3, 2010.

1. I didn't even click on it because it features James Corden. You are better than this Paula!

2. Correct. Love Paula but I can't watch anything with him in it!

idratherjack likes this.
  3. As an American, I remain blissfully unaware of him. And I continue to do so considering that video contained minimal speaking on his part.

4. I second Jeffo's sentiments. I only saw Paula looking incredible next to some guy.

Island likes this.
  5. I envy you for that!

6. I heard Promise Of A New Day at the grocery store today. What a song!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    VivaForever and Jeffo like this.
  7. I love The Promise of a New Day. It's rather interesting how it seems to have become all but forgotten, considering it was a US #1.

Island and phoenix123 like this.
  8. I love The Promise of a New Day. It's my favourite song from Spellbound. And agree that it's strange it's now forgotten but was a US #1. And also the video "stretching" controversy is largely associated with it. I think the monster success of Rush, Rush helped but it definitely stands on its own. And it's a fab opening track to Spellbound.

9. Me too!

Vasilios likes this.
  10. Post edited. I have removed my retrospective intellectual property due to bullying and harassment received on PopJustice. I see no reason to allow PopJustice to obtain any benefit from my intellectual property in the future.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2015
    phoenix123, Jeffo and idratherjack like this.
  11. People caring about Paula Abdul lists is what makes Popjustice so amazing!

(Good list by the way)

12. Post edited. I have removed my retrospective intellectual property due to bullying and harassment received on PopJustice. I see no reason to allow PopJustice to obtain any benefit from my intellectual property in the future.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2015
    phoenix123 and idratherjack like this.
  13. Popjusticers are amazing.

Paula's reign was short but from 1989-92 (and I personally loved Head Over Heels), but oh what a ride.

14. She was pretty big though as I was aware of her even being 3-6 those years. Of course I associated her with this girl my older sister was friends with who was a huge fan and pooped her pants even though she was 3 years older than me, so I wasn't open to Paula until much later in life, when I was able to understand that she had no connection to Shawna's incontinence. .

VivaForever and Jeffo like this.
  15. Paula was massive in the US. Less so in UK but then so was Janet (until 92/93 when she really hit big in UK).

distant_cousin and Island like this.
  16. Oh my god.

17. She was never massive in the UK was she. Her only true hits here were Straight Up, Opposites Attract and Rush Rush. I only ever owned one Paula single and it was My Love Is For Real. I've just made a Paula playlist on Spotify thanks to this thread.

distant_cousin likes this.
  18. So I've been revisiting this:

I know posting this will only result in people saying that Kylie's version is better but I don't fucking care I WANT ITTTTTTTT.

19. I never knew Paula Abdul
    Did boombox, I actually think it suits her better than Kylie

20. A few weeks ago I listened to her albums for the 1st time. Such a shame her 3rd album flopped. It has some great songs on it. My Love Is For Real shouldn't have been the lead single. I do love that song, but Paula should have came back with a banger. I probably would have went with Sexy Thoughts.

Also, I LOVE If I Were Your Girl. Such a great, tender ballad.

distant_cousin likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.