Perez Hilton's vicious pop star attack (not) | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Perez Hilton's vicious pop star attack (not)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Dazzle, Jun 22, 2009.

1. I bet Miley Cyrus is skulling the champagne at the moment.

2. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

Oh god, I know. It's just.... words fail me.

3. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Nobody around me knew who he was in the Britney tour videos.
    Even I didn't know what he looked like 'til a few months ago.

There's still hope.

4. Wasn't that the same tactic applied to Freddy Krueger?

5. @perezhilton you are kidding right??? omgosh!
    @mileycyrus No. I am not kidding. That is not something to kid about. I'm still in shock.about 2 hours ago from w

Also:

@iamtherealwill There are multiple witnesses. You can deny all you want. The truth is the truth and I am telling the truth.

There's a first for everything I suppose?

6. He tweeted her to say he wasn't kidding. God knows why she was asking him - unless perhaps she found it hilarious!

EDIT: Dazzle beat me to it.

7. Thats the UK. Luckily he hasn't caught on over here. Mainly because we have the Daily Mail... and Peter Robinson (kidding). In America he is the self proclaimed "Queen of media" and has had TV shows and shit like that!

8. I'm surprised she didn't turn it around on herself to get some self promotion like normal?

Perez! I'm so sorry, y'all. What did he do? Pop it? Lock it? Polka dot it? Countrify it then hip-hop it?

9. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Twitter really is causing all sorts of crap in the land of showbiz, isn't it?

I think so! Good analogy.

10. Are you friends with the chicks from Loose Women?
    I bet she is laughing!

11. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

I love how hatred for Perez brings the forum together.

12. tommie

tommie Guest

13. Will.I.Am has had 5000 followers since setting up a twitter a few hours ago. Says it all really!

14. I smell a charity single!

15. Why haven't there been any photos, reports about this?
    I'm curious to see what happened!

16. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

I'm reminded of Summer Heights High...

"Emos can dance with the jocks"

"Christians sit with skanks"

"Asians share limos with lesbians"

"And my group talks to the fugly girls"

17. His site is only one part of a wider obsession with the ‘normalising’ of celebrities of which Twitter and video blogs are also part. Since the beginning of celebrity culture, ridicule of the famous has walked hand-in-hand with ‘trying to get close’ to the famous. Ridiculing a famous person is a way of humanising them. If they can be made fun of, then they can’t be the Demi-Gods we might think.

If you’ve ever followed a celebrity on Twitter and had that pang of excitement of “Oh My God, they babble on about shit, they want to follow my babblings – they are just like me!” then you’ve signed up for this movement too in one way or another. The entire phenomenon of celebrities online is about closing the gap between our own sense of self worth and our aspirational, ‘ideal’ self (represented by the celebrity). The smaller the gap – the higher the self esteem. This is Karl Roger’s gap theory anyway.

Ergo, we read Perez Hilton and follow Stephen Fry on Twitter not selflessly, but to boost our own ego – so maybe a sanctimonious attitude toward Perez might not be helpful.

18. There's something so nice and slightly evil about that. Muwahahaha.

19. I very rarely read his site. I only go on it if he has a video I can't find on youtube (Thanks PRS) or if I'm very very bored and want to see a picture of Angelina Jolie with cum dripping out of her mouth.

20. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I have never been on his site and actively avoid things which feature him.
    I'm quite proud of that.

Can we all make a big Band Aid style video?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.