Perfume - General Discussion | Page 71 | The Popjustice Forum

Perfume - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by august8pm, Mar 16, 2012.

1. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

I’ve spent this weekend rediscovering JPN and can we just pay tribute to this incredible song and video? Literally one of their best. Ever.

2. I know it was posted in the J-Pop thread but I've been watching the video on loop in the last few days, it almost instantly entered by top 10 Perfume songs list. So emotional.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  3. They fucking knew what they were doing with this music video. It's perfect.

4. So watchable and the song is insanely catchy.

evilsin likes this.
  5. The video reminds me of 8 Easy Steps by Alanis which was a great idea but maybe would be executed way better nowadays.

evilsin likes this.
  6. I think I finalized the song list for the upcoming rate:

Omajinai Perori
    Kareshi Boshuchu
    Secret Message
    Jenny wa Gokigen Naname
    Elevator
    Oishii Recipe

Pefect Star Perfect Style
    Linear Motor Girl
    Computer City
    Electro World
    Inryoku
    Monochrome Effect
    Vitamin Drop
    Sweet Donuts
    Foundation
    Computer Driving
    Perfume
    Wonder2

Polyrhythm
    Plastic Smile
    Game
    Baby Cruising Love
    Chocolate Disco
    Macaroni
    Ceramic Girl
    Take Me Take Me
    Secret Secret
    Butterfly
    Twinkle Snow Powdery Snow
    Puppy Love

Seventh Heaven

Love The World
    Dream Fighter
    Edge
    Night Flight
    Kiss And Music
    Zero Gravity
    I Still Love U
    The Best Thing
    Speed Of Sound
    One Room Disco
    Negai

23:30

Laser Beam
    Glitter
    Natural Ni Koishite
    My Color
    Toki No Hari
    Nee
    Kasuka Na Kaori
    Voice
    Kokoro No Sports
    Have a Stroll
    Fushizen Na Girl
    Spice

Fake It

Enter The Sphere
    Spring Of Life
    Magic Of Life
    Clockwork
    1mm
    Mirai No Museum
    Party Maker
    Furikaeruto Iruyo
    Point
    Daijyobanai
    Handy Man
    Sleeping Beauty
    Spending All My Time
    Dream Land

Communication
    Hurly Burly

Cosmic Explorer
    Miracle Worker
    Next Stage With You
    Story
    Flash
    Sweet Refrain
    Baby Face
    Tokimeki Lights
    Star Train
    Relax In The City
    Pick Me Up
    Cling Cling
    Hold Your Hand

Koi wa Zenkei Shisei
    Display
    Ijiwaruno Hello
    Toumei Ningen

Future Pop
    If You Wanna
    Tokyo Girl
    Fusion
    Tiny Baby
    Let Me Know
    Chorairin
    Mugenmirai
    Houseki No Ame
    Tenku
    Everyday

Challenger
    Nananairo
    Saisei

I deliberately left out the few collaborations they had because I know they would be tanked ddd so we can rate 104 songs, is that alright for everyone?

let me post this in rate queue as well but I figured the prfm™ stans should know first.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    ohaimanabu, Jeppo, Crisp X and 3 others like this.
  7. Awww, I love "AKIHABALOVE" though.

8. Catching up. I gave Future Pop another chance and... I still hate it. I had a lot of thoughts about Cosmic Explorer at the time, but it ended up growing on me over the years. However, I can't find any redeeming qualities about this one. Let's hope it's just a misstep and they'll bounce back.

On the other hand, I'm going to dive deep into the remasters, and try to catch any differences with the originals.

The new single was posted on the previous page, but not the music video yet.

edit: It was a few posts above mine, I must be blind dd. Sorry!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    junglefish likes this.
  9. Okay, both Nananananairo and 再生 remind me more of Level3 than the following albums. Let me pick up my stan card for Yasutaka again.

10. ‘Future Pop’ at least sounds like a cohesive album, albeit a boring one. Unlike ‘Cosmic Explorer’ and even ‘Level3,’ which are basically ruined by the album mixes and track ordering, in my opinion. But yeah, the FP singles weren’t great. And for an album with the word ‘future’ in the title, it somehow manages to sound less futuristic than ‘Triangle?’

I liked the tour, though! Felt a lot more ‘mature’ and dark than the CE tour.

RUNAWAY likes this.
  11. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Honestly, even though Future Pop was kind of underwhelming to me, the title track is one of the best things they've ever done.

wodny, evangelion and Crisp X like this.
  12. Yes! It’s great. ‘Chorairin’ and ‘FUSION,’ too.

I would be down for an entire album of hard, mostly-instrumental tracks like ‘FUSION,’ but I think I’m in the minority on that one haha.

13. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

You might be alone on that. Having just one of them on the best album would've been sufficient, but no, we had to get Party Maker, STORY, and FUSION. It was unnecessary, at least to me.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  14. Future Pop has grown on me a ton, a very bittersweet and consistently appealing album, just lacking a bit of excitement. Cosmic Explorer on the other hand is still mostly a hot mess but the title track alone is one of their best.

Patriku and RUNAWAY like this.
  15. I have to agree that Future Pop is probably their weakest set. Most of the songs felt like they were deliberately retreading old ground. Some of the material succeeds but most of it falls flat. Tenku, and its New Year countdown performance, remains a triumph.

The recent stuff (Nananananairo, the reworked version of Challenger and Saisei) feel like an extension of Nakata's nostalgia for his own work, but more forward thinking and therefore better executed.

16. I don't know, I Ioved "Future Pop". It's all over the tropi-house trend, but I don't mind it at all.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  17. I am so glad they are still active. I was worried that they will disband after releasing that new gratest hits album.

Crisp X and KevRus like this.
  18. It might sound dated, but for once Yasutaka didn't butcher a bop on the album mix:

I think I prefer the single version, but the pre chorus of this one is delightful.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.