Perfume - General Discussion | Page 73 | The Popjustice Forum

Perfume - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by august8pm, Mar 16, 2012.

1. I keep thinking about this ddd. Gone are the days of Perfume singles with completely new B-sides... And their B-sides are often just as good as the A-sides if not better - Ijiwaruna Hello, Koi wa Zenkei Shikei, etc.

evilsin likes this.
  2. Considering how physical singles in general are on the decline, I'm surprised they decided to release it in the first place. They do have quite a faithful fanbase, so it is bound to sell some copies.

dewzero likes this.
  3. Hooray!

Another case of a strong video saving a single:

4. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

.....Short Ver.

I'm tired of this.....

_hazzie_, evilsin, Trinu 3.0 and 2 others like this.
  5. Usually they’ll upload the full version a few days after the release date but yeah... it’s 2020. The Japanese music industry is only one left in the world that still sticks with this outdated release strategy.

evilsin, Trinu 3.0 and RUNAWAY like this.
  6. Looks interesting! This is totally out of left-field, but the zooms & rewinds kind of remind me of the music video for 'Imitation of Life' by R.E.M.

evilsin likes this.
  7. Great video!

Attis, _hazzie_, Dreampopboy and 7 others like this.
  8. Billboard Japan interviewed them for the release of Time Warp. tl;dr they talk about their 15th & 20th anniversary, milestone achievements, plus performing and promoting during COVID. There are some interesting tidbits though - apparently Nakata always "writes ahead" of where Perfume currently are, and that Time Warp and Saisei are indicative of the sound they're going for this era (thank god).

_hazzie_, evilsin, wodny and 4 others like this.
  9. "Time Warp" hasn't left my mind since the radio rip. And the music video is a delight. They just keep on winning.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  10. Did anyone here attend POP Fes? I'm so tempted to purchase the VOD pass. Apparently there are 14+ hours of subtitled (!!!) variety segments from Perfume recorded just for the festival, plus a special performance of Time Warp.

evilsin likes this.
  11. I didn't as I was too busy (though I am considering buying a pass to watch this weekend) but my friend did and he said it was worth it for the performance alone. They did a half hour set using live projection mapping technology and from what I saw it was some amazing work.

Also yes, the main segments were subtitled but I don't believe the others were (the ones that are just free to watch on their Youtube channel) but that's still 6 hours of content which seems well worth the price to me.

KittyLips and evilsin like this.
  12. I have to say, on first hearing I was disappointed. But now I am convinced it's their best thing since 'Pick Me Up'.

I'm also still gobsmacked that it's less than.3 minutes and has no middle eight but delivers in a similar way to 'One Room Disco'.

evilsin likes this.
  13. 3Xs

3Xs

Just popping in to say Time Warp is pretty lovely. It's nice to hear them on something more poppy and lyrical and less... noisy. I like how it hearkens back to their first album too.

evilsin likes this.
  14. Currently watching this and mmhhmm the Butterfly and VOICE Reframe performances... I'm getting emotional.

Got the original video so you don't have to look through the whole thing

evilsin and RUNAWAY like this.
  15. The full Reframe show is now on Netflix. Whoop!

16. Finally - Perfume are on the Primavera Sound 2022 lineup, playing the second weekend!

17. The new song called Polygon Wave will be released on July 2.

Attis, evilsin, Crisp X and 3 others like this.
  18. Polygon Wave, which will also serve as the theme song for Masked Singer Japan, just premiered on radio. There's a full HQ rip of it out there but I believe it's against forum rules to post it since there's a download so here's them jamming to it on Instagram live.

It's giving sophisticated GAME vibes. The accompanying visuals are stunning as well.

Attis, eatyourself, evilsin and 7 others like this.
  19. 3Xs

3Xs

Polygon wave is the most perfect title for a Perfume song. It sounds like a classy bawp too.

I'm glad they're moving away from just pure noise-pop and back to something a little more delicate. That always suited them better.

wodny likes this.
  20. This sounds fantastic. I'm so excited to hear it in HQ. It has a 'Level3'-sounding dark & glossy stomp to it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.