Perfume - General Discussion | Page 74 | The Popjustice Forum

Perfume - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by august8pm, Mar 16, 2012.

1. It's great.

dewzero, rufus, Jeppo and 9 others like this.
  2. Their best in years.

WhipperSnapper and Speakerphone like this.
  3. This is really good and sounds like early-2000s Perfume!

evilsin likes this.
  4. This is excellent and much like all the post-Future Pop releases, makes me feel like Yasutaka has been on a journey of rediscovering his roots recently. Hasn't it been a while since we heard these French house / nu-disco influences on their music? The nostalgia. It helps that these synths remind me of Zero Gravity among other oldies too.

I'm ready for a new album at this point.

TéléDex, dewzero, wodny and 5 others like this.
  5. 3Xs

3Xs

Yeah, that's pretty massive. I've been bopping to it all week.

evilsin likes this.
  6. Fumin

If You Go likes this.
  7. No words.

If You Go likes this.
  8. THEN DO IT FOR THE CLOSING CEREMONY FOR GOD'S SAKE.

If You Go likes this.
  9. Polygon Wave EP will be out September 22.

[​IMG]

Tracklist:
    • Polygon Wave (Original Mix)
    • ∞Loop
    • Android&
    • Polygon Wave (Remix)
    • Polygon Wave (Instrumental)

If You Go, He, Ugly Beauty and 7 others like this.
  10. ∞Loop? Android&? Oh they're in their Triangle bag again. Praying that the Polygon Wave remix is not EDM-style though.

11. Interesting. Wonder why the two new songs don't get the instrumental versions, since all of their b-side have had them.

12. I'd heard MIKIKO was supposed to be producing the whole thing (she did the Japan section of the handover at Rio). I know they changed it all because of last year, but I'd love to see MIKIKO's vision come to life...

If You Go and Trinu 3.0 like this.

13. Obsessed with Kashiyuka's cropped jacket-unitard combo. A fashion icon.

RUNAWAY, 3Xs, Dreampopboy and 3 others like this.
  14. This really is their best song in almost 10 years, isn't it? Blown away.

15. Now come on now, that's a bit much. Surely people here don't really like "Future Pop", but your statement makes it sound like they didn't release anything worthwhile since "JPN", which is a stretch.

16. LEVEL3 had some excellent tunes too for sure! But this is easily the strongest song they’ve put out since JPN-it takes me back to their imperial phase in the best way possible.

17. A dance practice video from Perfume? Please give whoever’s in charge of their promotion at Amuse a raise because they’ve finally caught up with the times.

evilsin, Crisp X and 3Xs like this.
  18. So, a lot happening today. First off, happy 16 years to Linear Motor Girl and Perfume's major debut!

The Polygon Wave music video premieres in 6 hours. They will also hold a live chat for the premiere.

Here's a preview of the music video.

And lastly, the Polygon Wave EP drops at midnight. (Though it's out there on a certain site for J-pop uploads...)

Merry Perfume Christmas!

evilsin, dewzero, ThisIsRogue and 8 others like this.

19. They're performing the Original Mix this week so we'll hopefully see some choreography for that slick breakdown.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.