Perfume - General Discussion | Page 77 | The Popjustice Forum

Perfume - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by august8pm, Mar 16, 2012.

1. 3Xs

3Xs

It's literally a Kyary Pamyu Pamyu song but it's cute.

2. I don't know about that. It would perfectly on Complete Best or Game.
    They're just really hit and miss for me at the moment (as in, for the past 3 or 4 years now). Time Warp was brilliant fun. Polygon Wave was a great package of tracks. Flow is a disappointment and the b-side Mawaru Kagami is a strong track, but a throwback to Perfume circa 2009.

3. New album PLASMA dropping on July 27.

Edit: 12 songs, including Saisei, Time Warp, Polygon Wave, Flow & Sayonara Plastic World. So we've heard about half the album at this point (unless they've been remixed).

Last edited: May 12, 2022
  4. Can you already pre-order it?

5. I just checked and pre-orders are up on all stores.

wodny likes this.
  6. Thanks. I will check what is the cheapest option for Europe.

7. Tracklist and profile shot are out.

[​IMG]
    1. Plasma
    2. Time Warp (v1.1)
    3. Polygon Wave (Original Mix)
    4. Saisei
    5. Spinning World
    6. Mawarukagami
    7. Flow
    8. ∞ loop
    9. Drive'n The Rain
    10. Hatenabito
    11. Android &
    12. Sayonara Plastic World
    Plasma, Spinning World, Drive'n The Rain and Hatenabito are the new songs. So that makes 4 songs we haven't heard yet, unless you count Time Warp and Mawarukagami since they're new versions.

The album covers will be released on June 9. Spinning World and its music video will be digitally released ahead of the album on July 15.

evilsin, Crisp X and wodny like this.
  8. So I guess Plasma track will basically serve as an intro.

Saisei - it is more than 2 years old. I wonder why there is no new version.

The new photo is lovely.

9. The art direction! These are easily some of their best album covers.

Limited Edition

[​IMG]

First Press Edition

[​IMG]

Regular Edition

[​IMG]

10. Covers of the year. They outdid themselves.

I just ordered:
    Perfume - PLASMA [CD + 2DVD] [Limited Edition / Type B]
    Hikaru Utada - BAD Mode [Regular Edition]
    TOMORROW X TOGETHER (TXT) - The Dream Chapter: Magic
    TOMORROW X TOGETHER (TXT) - The Chaos Chapter: Freeze

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  11. Love the covers, but yeah, if any song deserved an album version it's "Saisei".

12. Spinning World just premiered on radio.

This is honestly one of their best lead tracks ever. Loving the 80s influence and the breakdown is bonkers.

clowezra, evilsin, 3Xs and 6 others like this.
  13. Double post but album preview is up.

14. It may be too soon to call it a return to form but so far it does sound like what a follow-up to Level3 would've turned out to be had Yasutaka Nakata not taken their music to other places with Cosmic Explorer and Future Pop.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  15. This is GREAT! The album sounds like such a massive win so far. Ive already gushed about how some of the prerelease tracks are some
    of their best in years so Id agree this is a huge return to form. This in particular song sounds like the same sonic world as the most recent capsule release.

evilsin and FunkyButChic like this.
  16. I wonder if Mawarukagami will be different than the version that is included on Flow single.

We still do not know how the new version of Time Warp sounds like.

17. I’m struggling with new Perfume, the songs just don’t have IT anymore, for me.

I used to be a huge fan, I’ve been to see them live twice and would force anyone I knew to listen to them, but I can’t even be bothered listening to some of the new stuff which I’m kinda gutted about to be honest.

18. As much as I hate the narrative that Nakata had "lost" it for a while (Cosmic Explorer was mostly a flop but I still have a fondness for the gentle Future Pop) I have to admit that ever since "Saisei" came out (still an instant Top Ten Perfume Song for me) he seems to have found a renewed inspiration (same with the last KPP album) and I'm really looking forward to this new album.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
    He, clowezra, wodny and 2 others like this.
  19. 3Xs

3Xs

I don't think Nakata ever truly lost it but it did feel like he was just going through the motions for a while. From these new clips though I'm feeling excited for a new Perfume album for the first time in a long time. The music, the visuals, all of it actually feels inspired rather than just "it was time to make another album."

He, flyingwill, Crisp X and 3 others like this.
  20. Completely blown away by Spinning World, and the album as a whole sounds completely insane!? Don’t want to get hyperbolic but this really is potentially shaping up to be their best since L3, if not Triangle. Man it feels good to have the girls and Nakata back at the top of their game.

He, digitalkaiser, flyingwill and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.