Perfume Genius - Set My Heart On Fire Immediately (New Album 2020) | The Popjustice Forum

Perfume Genius - Set My Heart On Fire Immediately (New Album 2020)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by LE0Night, Feb 14, 2017.

1. He's just announced a new US tour through May-July that's pretty much almost certainly for a soon-to-be announced album: http://perfumegenius.org/

[​IMG]

And on the subject of his support, serpentwithfeet debuted with a really great EP last year, I've got absolutely no problem imagining them sharing a stage.
    He's also done a few shows and collaborations with Weyes Blood recently, who I can also heartily recommend.

2. Exquisite taste @LE0Night - the Weyes Blood album is divine. You might want to check the thread for Gussy I just started in the new artists section too.

LE0Night likes this.
  3. Great news. He's so amazing.

4. Can't wait. Honestly, don't mean for this to come off as too much in the spirit of "bring the bops this time," but I hope he expands in the direction of "Queen" and "Grid." I love the solo piano stuff, and it will always be his signature, but he's so GOOD at the more pop moments.

LE0Night and Noir like this.
  5. Yeah, as usual, I want bops.

6. We know nothing about what's coming and yet even just that poster and support acts are too much to handle. I am not ready.

I remember him saying he wanted the album to sound like Talk Talk's Spirit of Eden and that picture does give me indie act from the '80s. Also:

7. Want.

8. LE0Night and Psycho like this.
  9. I feel he's coming to słay. Słay us all.

LE0Night likes this.
  10. Too Bright is probably one of my favorite albums of all time. So ready for what's next.

LE0Night likes this.

11. Yas.

constantino, Glenolabar and LE0Night like this.
  12. Some new album info from the Fader cover story!

13. Sexy glam rock? Want.

LE0Night likes this.
  14. I'm so jealous of his relationship with his boyfriend. They're total #relationshipgoals.

LE0Night and Noir like this.
  15. Aag

Aag

Just finished some of the interview at the top.

This sounds like a subconscious Born This Way. I'M READY.

16. 1: The album is called "No Shape".
    2: Here's a snippet of the first single, Choir:

3: Oh my God.

17. This is gonna decimate me right in my damaged-yet-resolutely-romantic Gay Soul.

LE0Night likes this.
  18. ^NoooOOOo the clip is gone!

LE0Night likes this.
  19. It's back now! Probably just a glitch somewhere. Doesn't it sound amazing?

Let me just use this maintenance update to also shamelessly repost/give a presentation of Mike's amazing twitter-game:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  20. That snippet sounds so good, yas.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.