Perfume Genius - Set My Heart On Fire Immediately (New Album 2020) | Page 15 | The Popjustice Forum

Perfume Genius - Set My Heart On Fire Immediately (New Album 2020)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by LE0Night, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Jackarywoo likes this.
  2. He’s like no one else. And yet so fucking amazing.

Euphoria likes this.
  3. Out of everyone I listen to, he's probably closest to Sufjan Stevens (kii).

4. He's everything T***e S***n wishes he was.

5. NEVAHHHHHHHHHH utter this peasant’s name in this thread when comparing to THIS QUEEN.

6. Actually, lemme edit. Ddddd.

Judy Jetson Hooker likes this.
  7. Honestly, I don’t see that comparison. I mean I don’t see Sufjan doing something like, say, Grid or Longpig

If there’s any comparison to be made, his ballads with piano (and quieter moments on his albums) are very Tori/Fiona inspired. SORTA.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  8. I thought that too, but Age of Adz sis. Plus Perfume Genius' early stuff is very sad gay Sufjan. He's the closest I can think of at least.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  9. I haven’t heard Age of ADZ. AKSSJDJFDDDD

10. I do think Sufjan and Tori & Fiona are a good touch points for his work but there is something more overtly queer about Perfume Genius (both lyrically and musically). I think a good chunk of that comes down to his vocals which are less "pretty" than what Sufjan can deliver. "Wreath" on his last album (also my favorite of his albums so far) was literally a gay boy who grew up loving Kate Bush writes and performs his own Kate Bush song. But really you should just give him a listen and fall in love! Every album is it's own piece but all of them fit together so well

Cutlery and theelusivechanteuse like this.
  11. Uh if we're talking influences the last album especially felt very in the vein of To Bring You My Love

12. King of abs

2014, TiffanyNoir, OlliMaus and 7 others like this.
  13. NEXT WEEK ALREADY???????

I guess I'm crying on the 15th then.

14. I can't WAIT for this album. I think it's shaping up to be his best yet. Both Describe & On The Floor are 10/10.

15. This album will end me.

16. OlliMaus likes this.
  17. We're getting 11 new Perfume Genius songs in 2 days. I'm excited

18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

On The Floor is immaculate.

19. Just got an email that my order has been shipped. It’s gonna take at least two weeks or more due to you know who but I’m so excited to get the physicals in my hands. Mike always delivers on the visuals as well!

20. The way I’ve been counting down the days for this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.