Perfume Genius - Set My Heart On Fire Immediately (New Album 2020) | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Perfume Genius - Set My Heart On Fire Immediately (New Album 2020)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by LE0Night, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Sides sounds like Kate Bush doing the score of Twin Peaks. The second half of the album is amazing.

Humanracin and Food like this.
  2. Not @ me worrying he wouldn´t go pop.

3. Yeah, this is the album of the year for me.

4. So excited to listen tomorrow. He always delivers

Humanracin likes this.
  5. God this album is gorgeous. Run Me Through is sublime.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    LE0Night likes this.
  6. must

;)

7. What a beautiful album. I adore every second of it.

Humanracin and Kitchen Person like this.
  8. So far this is the album of the year for me. I can't wait to get this on clear vinyl (when it arrives).

LE0Night and Humanracin like this.
  9. Wow, some great reviews/comments, going to buy the CD tomorrow!

10. 'Die 4 You' is such a sexy jam.

I love it.

Beautiful Child 2 likes this.
  11. Otherside is one of the most beautiful things I've heard this year. Jeez.

So proud of him. The album is brimming with stunning catharses; I've been tearing up ever few minutes.

Bolton likes this.
  12. Oh, and the Pitchfork review (8.8, best new music) is fawning and a great read in picking apart all the gorgeous frills of this record.

13. I can't get over those explosions of chimes in Otherside

Glenolabar likes this.
  14. And the strings in Choir...wow

Judy Jetson Hooker likes this.
  15. The Pitchfork review is great and got me even deeper into this. I can't find a single fault with it. Alan is incredible.

LE0Night likes this.
  16. This album is very 'pop' and hopeful. I'm only on the first listen and the songs are already doing things to me.

I FUCKING LIIIIIIVEEE MIKE HADREAS.

Shante, YOU STAY! I need to order the vinyl like NOW.

Choir, DIE 4 YOU, the opening song. I just CAN. NOT.

Bolton and Tracy Jacks like this.
  17. Just got into this artist after watching a few of his videos! Listening to this album now.

18. Only listened to the album once but I was completely blown away by the natural sound evolution and how much Mike has grown throughout his career. No Shape is pure brilliance.

Has anyone bought the CD? I've seen a lot of pictures of the vinyl (the clear pressing really isn't appealing, if I do get it it'll be the black one) but none of the CD packaging.

LE0Night likes this.
  19. Have you tried Discogs?

20. It's a Digipak with a glossy black Digitray. The front text and track listing are embossed and spot-varnished, and the spine is also spot-varnished. There's a booklet of lyrics/artwork, too. If you want to check out physical packaging before ordering something, try Instagram. People like me are always posting photos of their music purchases! I tried to show the detail here;

www.instagram.com/p/BTvl-uZBthq/?taken-by=anfunny

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.