Perrie - "Tears" + Debut Album

I really think this will smash in the UK. I'm already obsessed and I feel like my mum and the Radio 2 crowd will also stan.

Radio 2 and regional radio will eat this up. It's a shame she's basically already confirmed that the album will be all over the place stylistically, because this really fits her.

I think it’s a good move for her debut to touch a few different directions. The TikTok push is really strong, I’m happy for her that this is landing.

Let’s hope it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle after Taylor releases.

I'm surprised this is getting such a good reception dd, I mean I'll wait until I hear the full thing but the snippet is kinda giving My Life Would Suck Without You.

Mvnl

Staff member
That’s the kind of sound the GP eats up though.

It sounds like a breezy bop. I won’t be surprised if it’s a decent hit for her.

I was about to say 'well it was in 2009', then I realized that's somehow 15 years ago?? And now I'm wondering if this sound that still sounds perfectly current to me is.. nostalgic/throwback to others??

I was about to say 'well it was in 2009', then I realized that's somehow 15 years ago?? And now I'm wondering if this sound that still sounds perfectly current to me is.. nostalgic/throwback to others??

In a way yes but I think that’s going to play to this song’s potential success (if they get it right).

So many TikToks using the sound are celebrating that it reminds them of good fun breezy pop.

It's quite nostalgic for me. I have a 2010s pop playlist and the snippet blends right in with songs like Raise Your Glass, Domino, Part Of Me, etc. I still love that sound but it definitely doesn't sound current or fresh to me.

The song gives me such intense Carrie Underwood during her Some Hearts/Carnival Ride eras vibes. It sounds cute and nostalgic despite it being pretty beige. Sometimes I like beige music though when I'm in that sort of mood.