Perrie - "Tears" + Debut Album

Those silly stat accounts on X have my brain rotted, all I can think of is

"Little Mix' Perrie debut solo single climbs one spot on the UK Midweeks from 7 to 6. She is the first member of Little Mix with blonde hair to have a debut single to do this".

RainOnFire

Staff member
This has been the opposite of a grower for me nn. Also I feel like I haven't seen this being mentioned, but the mastering on this is terrible right? Or is it just my headphones. I found it a little funny at first that she was committing so deeply to the 2006 radio rip fantasy, but it just sounds worse to me than whatever I'm playing before or after it and it's making me not want to listen to it.

This has been the opposite of a grower for me nn. Also I feel like I haven't seen this being mentioned, but the mastering on this is terrible right? Or is it just my headphones. I found it a little funny at first that she was committing so deeply to the 2006 radio rip fantasy, but it just sounds worse to me than whatever I'm playing before or after it and it's making me not want to listen to it.
You’re not wrong - I also noticed the weird mastering on this. Sounds like an online rip from 2006, when you’d expect that Max Martin-like *shine*

It is true that with the general public Perrie would have been the one welcomed the most because she was always the white one (most people still don't know that Jesy is white too) but, from an outsider perspective, she's also always been the strongest vocalist of the 4. You can find hundreds of video compilations of her parts from the Little Mix days, she was pretty much the Nadine of the group, getting all the harder bits.

I'd say she and Jade were the most famous ones, Jade more for the personality and Perrie for the voice. That's why I expect them to have an easier start with the charts.

Physical are being shipped. Perched to see where she lands given the first few days already have her high on midweeks.

She/Her/Queen
I hate using this as an example so feel free to drag me but if an unknown releases this, no gay in the village would care. It's not a good song for a first solo single, sorry.

I mean when Emma did this lane, at least What Took You So Long? was catchy! I can't even remember how this sounds after listening to it three times in a row. I couldn't even hum it!

Putting aside comparing the members themselves and their output, her team have handled this roll out much better than Leigh-Anne’s. It felt like an absolute AGE but they kept teasing for so long, it started with a nice bit of momentum.

I noticed so many random anonymous meme accounts using the teaser within days, I wondered if they were paid promo or bots or something. That isn’t a dig, cos if it is a strategy, I’m sure it’s an industry standard one. But they just cultivated hype and interest in a really smart way.

Plus I just think the song has the most TikTok potential. It’s not changing the world but it makes sense that it’s resonating on a small level. It’s got that vibe.

the way you are countering yourself here. 2 months for 1 song? Never again I hope.

happy for her it has a start, but coulda been better! Now if the song was very good…

if this is it, I fear for ha.
It felt like an age as a fan but for the general public, it takes more time to build up momentum. You need to hit more and more people for it to start with a bit of oomph so yeah maybe fans didn’t like the rollout, but I think it’s helped the song in the long run.

And sadly, TikTok has to be a huge consideration for a “new” act. She’s only got hardcore mixers on her side, so she has to factor in the current industry trends, at least when she starts. It’s a sensible strategy, even if it is a bit bleak.

To be honest, its been a while since we've got a good, no thrills and uncohesive but extremely charming and boppy but unshamadley pop album, and campgain that embraces and owns being this rather an attempt at being Billie Ellish "deep" sadgirl or in Dua's case an unignorable shoot for the pop stratosphere (that if you're not Dua doesn't seem to quite work) There's nothing wrong with being a wee bit basic and just wanting to make a product that fits somewhere in the middle of that. Sure, you want artistic input and co-writing credits, but maybe some people just want to make happy pop songs their mum freinds and actual mums can blast on the radio.

I honestly think with the world being as much of a dystopian hellhole as it is at the minute could use some basic but well performed and produced 2007 style big pop moments. If Perrie wants to give them to us I'll gladly accept. And she has the kind of voice I could listen to sing pretty much anything.

No more numbers man though please xoxo.