Pet Shop Boys - General Discussion | Page 222 | The Popjustice Forum

Pet Shop Boys - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Popjustice, Mar 5, 2009.

1. I LOATHE Years+Years but the instrumentation on the track is amazing.

2. I thought they had 3 and 6 free.

3. Likewise. I won’t bother if it’s seated. The security at The Hydro are really weird about dancing if you’re up in the tiers and I know the seated tickets will be out of my price range.

4. Educate yourself, heathen.

Up In Flames has always reminded me of the boys’ debut album. Which of course means it’s fucking amazing.

Kyle., sinner and Future Lover like this.
  5. Being a Pet Shop Boys fan and not loving Years & Years too?

[​IMG]

Can't relate!

Kyle., Dreampopboy and Black Melody like this.
  6. Just booked tickets for Bournemouth and the front section is standing. Not surprised as last time there that area was seated, but (nearly) everyone stood up the whole way through.

mpl likes this.
  7. Glasgow is fully seated with £127 top price for a floor seat.

Yep, I think I’ll be passing on this tour.

8. Both Neil and Olly's voice are acquired tastes. Unfortunately I can't stomach one of them.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    blissteria likes this.
  9. No thanks. I know their music but find Olly Alexander insufferable

10. Apart from King (which is still amazing) I can relate. On paper I should love them but in reality:

[​IMG]

11. Honestly both Years & Years albums are 8 out of 10 affairs, even more.
    The boppery.

sinner, Black Melody and Mikey1701 like this.
  12. The first one is great. The second one is...not so great. And I was so looking forward to it.

13. Both of the albums are half-bops half-filler. The first one was better, though. You could make a terrific little Y&Y playlist of at least 15 10/10 tracks.

14. Yes I really thought Ich Bin Musik would go off but it lacked a little energy...

15. mpl

mpl

Thanks for the standing tip-off, see you there!

Brother Louie likes this.
  16. If you don't know what to do during those summer nights... On June 2020: It couldn't happen here movie !
    Presented in High Definition and Standard Definition
    Limited Edition 48-page Digi-book includes writing on the film by Anthony Nield, Jason Wood and William Fowler
    Feature commentary by Jack Bond, James Dillon and Simon Archer (2020)
    Interview with Jack Bond (2020)
    Other extras TBC

It Couldn't Happen Here (Ltd Edition DVD + Blu-ray)
    Directed by Jack Bond

Originally conceived as an hour-long video based on the Pet Shop Boys 1987 album, Actually, It Couldn't Happen Here turned into a full-scale feature film directed by Jack Bond (The Blueblack Hussar).

The first feature-length film starring the Pet Shop Boys alongside Joss Ackland, Gareth Hunt and Barbara Windsor finds Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe on an extraordinary adventure from the coast to London, encountering a curious array of eccentric characters along the way. Pop surrealism meets classic road movie, the film is peppered with hits from the duo's first studio albums, including 'West End Girls', 'It's a Sin', and 'Always On My Mind'.

Never less than fascinating, It Couldn't Happen Here is a truly unique film and one that has sadly been unavailable. Newly remastered by the BFI from a 4K scan, we are delighted to present the worldwide Blu-ray and DVD debut.

17. Ha, I always thought this was crap but I might give it another go.

18. Oh God I loved/love it - just haven't got a video player anymore so that's me sorted for the summer.

Eric Generic likes this.
  19. idratherjack likes this.
  20. I've always wanted to see It Couldn't Happen Here so very excited for this.

Hoping it falls into the "so bad it's good" category!

WhipperSnapper and Eric Generic like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.