Pet Shop Boys - General Discussion | Page 250 | The Popjustice Forum

Pet Shop Boys - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Popjustice, Mar 5, 2009.

1. “Do you think they’re paralysed?”

“Yes, in the purple zone.”

2. Can someone tell me what a Purple Zone is, please?

idratherjack and Humanracin like this.
  3. I won't be coming back to this.

hollaa01 and Future Lover like this.
  4. I think some of you are being a bit special.
    I’m enjoying it for what it is, 2 bands that have been around for 40 years making a pop song that has my toe tapping.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
    1outside, Kyle., 2dividedby0 and 5 others like this.
  5. pdf

pdf

well it sounds like PSB making the best of a mediocre Soft Cell track.

6. You all clicked play?

letuinmybackdoor likes this.
  7. Well, I will be returning to this. Repeatedly.

Give me the Hi-NRG 90s ciggery that I need!

8. I love it too, it's giving Always On My Mind meets A Red Letter Day so I will be using.

mrp2910 and Mikey1701 like this.
  9. I also actually quite like it, loving the HI-NRG vibes.

Humanracin likes this.
  10. PEt Shop Boys + Soft Cell cdsingle ! I want it !
    I go to the official store and the release date is Nov 11 ! NOVEMBER ??? 8 months to press a cd ? When the digital version is already available ? Oh dear!

hownee, Humanracin and Eric Generic like this.
  11. Hey Petheads and Cellmates, for those who are not so keen to spend more time in the Purple Zone I quickly knocked up a cheap, filthy mash-up of Rent and A Man Could Get Lost.
    Of course I first tried to mix up A Man Could Get Lost And Arrested, but those don´t mix well, apart from the title.
    This mix was finished after 4 tries and to me it sounds much better then the "long awaited collab of synth-pop giants". I have also a mix of Rent and Heat (almost) ready and I might put it up asap.
    Here it comes:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
  12. Due to vinyl delays apparently, according to SDE:

“The good news is that physical formatshave been announced. There’s a four-track CD single and a four-track 12-inch vinyl. The latter has two Pet Shop Boys remixes not available on the CD. The bad news – that might elicit a Purple Groan – is that there is a glacial wait, until November, for these to be released. Not just the vinyl, CD fans still have to wait as well, even though the delay is of course largely to do with vinyl production logjams. These physical formats don’t appear to be available via standard retail channels, by the way.”

13. I like Purple Zone even though I don't know what a purple zone is. Regardless, for a collaboration it sounds so Pet Shop Boys. Poor Soft Cell!

Eric Generic likes this.
  14. I was expecting it to be horrible but I actually loved it.

Also I may not be in the Purple Zone but would do just about anything to be in that tub...

Karl Siniak likes this.
  15. [​IMG]

Thinking again about the way this is better than most other acts' greatest hits.

16. So, here´s the sequel: Rent! Heat!

17. Thinking again about the way this is better than their greatest hits

Eric Generic likes this.
  18. The accuracy of this post. I often rave about Kylie’s b-sides being stellar but the lads have an untouchable discography of b-sides that is only spoilt by The Sound Of The Atom Splitting. The way that Shameless is stronger than most of Very is mind boggling- and I say that even as Very remains my favourite PSB album that doesn’t have lead vocals from Liza Minnelli.

19. This is huge for them.

I mean, "West End girls" is beyond tired at this point, but I loved this.

20. The fact they have enough b-sides for a third double disc B-Side collection is quite the feat too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.