Pet Shop Boys - Hotspot | Page 10 | The Popjustice Forum

Pet Shop Boys - Hotspot

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Future Lover, Aug 23, 2019.

1. If that's the cover, it's even less "commercial" than Release.

Watch it be called Dreamscapes and feature mostly ambient instrumental compositions.

I genuinely don't know what to expect this time around!

2. My Cocteau Twins ambient loving pale textures and landscapes wig is s h o o k.

It's really quite dull looking, but in a pretty way? How rebellious!

3. Personally, it's giving me The xx "I See You" teas. I fully expect a slightly reflective blank silver cover at this point, "Fade" as the title.

4. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

I really hope this isn't it. It looks like a shower curtain that hasn't been cleaned in years.

5. ooh love

6. Are they already busy rehearsing for the tour? Writing music for the Czech National Ballet? Recording their new Christmas song "It does snow quite often at Christmas, actually" ??

I'm impatient for an album announcement, even though I know the release date is more than two months away...

Future Lover likes this.
  7. Honestly same. Someone posted a fake version of the cover above with the title "turbulent" and my heart jumped a bit.
    So, "Behaviour" Vol. 2? "Dreamland" as the counterpart to Seriously?, track #04 and all that, on top of being declared as this album's red herring? "An open mind" being cut from the disc for being too cheery?

WhipperSnapper likes this.
  8. I think the album will be quite dour. Sort of in the vein of The Dictator Decides. That and the agenda EP with Dreamland I think we’re gonna get quite a dark dystopian album dealing with anxiety, depression and I think a portion of the record will be a commentary on world politics and the Brexit situation. I don’t see joyous bopps factoring in.

9. Brexit bops?

10. Brex bop boys.

mpl, WhipperSnapper, Jacques and 3 others like this.
  11. LE.U Bopp Kids

Future Lover and moorje like this.
  12. Artwork by Farrowage

13. News tomorrow morning! Hopefully they're getting on with it and we'll get the title, artwork, tracklist and an album taster in one go.

mpl, WhipperSnapper and etienne like this.

14. Album name is... Hotspot. Cover is the leaked one.

15. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 Will-o-the-wisp
    2 You are the one
    3 Happy people
    4 Dreamland
    5 Hoping for a miracle
    6 I don’t wanna
    7 Monkey business
    8 Only the dark
    9 Burning the heather
    10 Wedding in Berlin

16. Song is also out now - burning the heather

(Sorry just seen posted above)

17. The inner sleeve image would have made such a beautiful cover.

18. Great artwork.

etienne likes this.
  19. Burning the Heather is lovely, very moody and seasonal. By far the best thing they’ve done this year.

Querelle Mix and jtm like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.