Pet Shop Boys - Hotspot | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Pet Shop Boys - Hotspot

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Future Lover, Aug 23, 2019.

1. I'm also not a big fan of Olly's voice but I love it regardless.
    Neil sounds amazing, something about his voice and the 80s style production makes it sound like a long lost classic from the Actually era.

Here's the lyric video:

jtm, Ray Ban, LPT and 2 others like this.
  2. Are there going to be advance/priority tickets available for the 2020 tour or is it general sale only on Friday?

3. I'm here for this sounding eerily like the exact opening to Rozalla's 'Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)'.

Humanracin likes this.
  4. Humanracin and djessie like this.
  5. It wouldn't surprise me if the placeholder IS the artwork!

Jacques and Carlo like this.
  6. I am depressingly finding this song a snooze fest.

7. Someone mentioned "Tracks" as an album title suggestion - I would totally be here for that!

etienne likes this.
  8. Is this image new? I like the mood, it's nicer than some other recent photography of them

PSB_WEB_EVENT-550c79f523.jpg

9. Chris never seems to age...like at all.

10. Imagine if over the course of the last 7 years they identified tracks which sounded like they would fit onto a hits compilation and kept them back for the final part of the trilogy

11. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

Dreamland is...kind of a letdown. Neil and Olly's voices don't work together at all, and I get that the production is supposed to sound 80s but it just sounds cheap and dated. There's a way to do throwbacks that don't sound like they're stuck in the past (e.g. Axis, Burn, Up In Flames by Years & Years), and this isn't it.

I gotta say though, I really hope the "placeholder" title and cover are in fact the actual title and cover. The artwork for Electric and Super looked like they had no effort put into them at all, so it'd be iconic for them to...literally not put any effort into the final part of the trilogy.

12. It's not hard when he only shows 25% of his face.

ItTakesAMuscle likes this.
  13. Yeah we literally only see his chin.

etienne likes this.
  14. Hopefully only Chris Lowe

15. Is it just me or does the mastering sound a bit muddy?

16. He has a great stylist :o)

17. I hope Dreamland is a grower, preferred the MUSIK EP, although it's also much better than anything on Agenda.

18. Is it the same one as Kate Bush?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Yuri and Spiceboy1 like this.
  19. Just tried another few listens - it starts out 80s-ish with that generic synth but then it turns into some kind of 2000s dance pop house thing. I'm sure they have worked hard on it but it would be better if it was just Neil singing, Ollie's voice is probably more suited to house (Play is a great tune).

Dreamland reminds me of Summer Of Love by Steps (the latter is better)

etienne likes this.
  20. Woof

helsabot and Vasilios like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.