Pet Shop Boys - Nonetheless

I`Ve Got Plans...is the surprise winner here. It´s pure Bobby O and sounds like a track that fell from Alternative.
For once I also don´t mind the softwashed production as it gives the song the typical PSB melancholia.
It´s Not A Crime is not quite as strong. The Alex Metric mix starts off a bit dubious (bad memories of horrible 90s club mixes ahoy!) but it makes sense as it keeps playing.
I have to say that I really like the Bohemia Demo! It sounds a bit less like a calculated "wave-your-lighter-anthem" and more electronic and pure instead.
The cover photo harks back to Domino Dancing.
For once nostalgia and self referrence done right (they earned it and own it!)

The new EP is excellent! Loving the new tracks and the Bohemia demo gives the song a whole new character - it feels more intimate, fragile, and yearning than the swathed-in-nostalgia grandiose bombast of the main version. It's one of the few things that we've not yet had from them, but I'd be first to splash out on an album: Pet Shop Boys - Demo should one ever see the light of day.

It's a little bit mind-blowing that we already have more than enough for a Nonetheless - Further Listening:

01 Heart (New Version)
02 Being Boring (New Version)
03 Always On My Mind (New Version)
04 It’s A Sin (New Version)
05 Party In The Blitz
06 Through You (Extended Mix)
07 Sense Of Time
08 If Jesus Had A Sister
09 It’s Not A Crime
10 I’ve Got Plans (Involving You)
11 Loneliness (Radio Edit)
12 Dancing Star (Solomun Remix)
13 A New Bohemia (Radio Edit)
14 Dancing Star (Solomun Extended Mix)
15 Party In The Blitz (Superchumbo Remix)
16 A New Bohemia (Alex Metric Remix)
17 Dancing Star (Solomun Dub)
18 A New Bohemia (Demo Version)

...and then there's this...

Seen the show each time it has come round and it’s still great on a third viewing, just a barrage of hits. And great sound last night in Birmingham.

I know it’s the current single and I like it but New Bohemia takes all the momentum out of things, my block had been stood from song 1 and it got everyone sat down, and took a couple of songs to get them back. Dancing Star went down well though.

Saw the tour tonight (saw it back in 2022 at the very back of the arena) from the 3rd row and wow!

I’d forgotten just how incredible the remix of Heart was, potentially top 5 album to tour remixes of all time by any artist? Hit after hit after hit, you kind of needed the 3 new songs as a breather. Like 2022 though, my one criticism is that they’re very light on the material from this century. The Pop Kids, I’m With Stupid or Love, etc would have been very welcome additions!

Last edited:
Saw the tour tonight (saw it back in 2022 at the very back of the arena) from the 3rd row and wow!

I’d forgotten just how incredible the remix of Heart was, potentially top 5 album to tour remixes of all time by any artist? Hit after hit after hit, you kind of needed the 3 new songs as a breather. Like 2022 though, my one criticism is that they’re very light on the material from this decade. The Pop Kids, I’m With Stupid or Love, etc would have been very welcome additions!
The Pop Kids definitely deserved a spot (or even a shortened version) due to the lyrical content which is very them.
It also sounds like a classic.

The Pop Kids definitely deserved a spot (or even a shortened version) due to the lyrical content which is very them.
It also sounds like a classic.

Yeah, maybe mixed in with Vocal somewhere? I know it wasn't a single but I would have loved 'We're the Pet Shop Boys' in there somewhere too.

Saw them last night in Manchester and it was fantastic. This was the first time seeing them since once of my best friends who absolutely loved them and who I saw live with them so many times passed away. I was emotional all night but Being boring really hit me, especially the middle 8.

I finally saw the show last night, and as great as the show and setlist was, my seats were obscured by 3 lights at the side of the stage, so we couldn't actually see what was going on the stage, as close as we were, the ticket price was one of the higher prices so I'm not sure how they justified that.
Does anyone know how I can complain to Ticketmaster? Everything I've attempted on the help page is proving useless.

I finally saw the show last night, and as great as the show and setlist was, my seats were obscured by 3 lights at the side of the stage, so we couldn't actually see what was going on the stage, as close as we were, the ticket price was one of the higher prices so I'm not sure how they justified that.
Does anyone know how I can complain to Ticketmaster? Everything I've attempted on the help page is proving useless.
Did you raise it at the venue? I had this one many years ago and Ticketmaster did refund me - hopefully you took photos etc... I think your order might have a "contact us about this order button" potentially

Did you raise it at the venue? I had this one many years ago and Ticketmaster did refund me - hopefully you took photos etc... I think your order might have a "contact us about this order button" potentially
No I didn’t think to raise it at the venue, it was something I got more and more annoyed with as the night went on but also at the same time I was trying to enjoy to music, which I did, but yes I took photos, I’ve figured out how to complain to Ticketmaster, it’s not obvious and straight forward but I got there, now awaiting a response.IMG_4321.jpeg

No I didn’t think to raise it at the venue, it was something I got more and more annoyed with as the night went on but also at the same time I was trying to enjoy to music, which I did, but yes I took photos, I’ve figured out how to complain to Ticketmaster, it’s not obvious and straight forward but I got there, now awaiting a response.

Man I was in a similar spot in Birmingham the night before, but it was nowhere near that obstructed as I was higher up. I think you've got a pretty solid case there. If it ever happens again, do ask at the venue, they normally have what they call 'house' seats which are kept vacant for the purposes of relocating people.

I was in that venue recently working and thought that the nearest blocks to the stage at the sides looked problematic for sightlines. Sorry to see I was right.

Man I was in a similar spot in Birmingham the night before, but it was nowhere near that obstructed as I was higher up. I think you've got a pretty solid case there. If it ever happens again, do ask at the venue, they normally have what they call 'house' seats which are kept vacant for the purposes of relocating people.

I was in that venue recently working and thought that the nearest blocks to the stage at the sides looked problematic for sightlines. Sorry to see I was right.
I should’ve done this, thinking about it the seats on the opposite block were empty so people must’ve been moved, I’ve sent an email to Ticketmaster, I feel bad because overall it was a great show with an amazing setlist, the energy from the crowd was great, especially during Domino Dancing. PSB did amazing.