Pet Shop Boys - Yes | Page 120 | The Popjustice Forum

Pet Shop Boys - Yes

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by euroboy, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

I dare not say anything negative about the song itself, but isn't it out in two weeks? It seems Peter is doing more work for the single than anyone over at Parlophone...

2. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

Maybe that's a calling sign for everyone concerned.

3. tommie

tommie Guest

4. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

Which format does the BRITs medley come with?

5. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

I love Did You See Me Coming, even if it is a random choice for a release.

6. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

They'd have been foolish to lavish a lot of cash on a video for this release, but it's not a disgrace. I thought the Love Etc. video was fabulous, and there's really no comparison. At least there's a video out now.

I hope this single makes the top 20, but I fear a "Was it worth it"-style flop.

7. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

I don´t think it will be a flop.There are several motives to buy this .One of that is the new mix for "The way it used to be" .The best song of the album.And unfortunetely won´t be a single.DYSMC could be a top 20 hit easy.A top 10? Probably not.The audience still like american pop on top of the charts.
    In the meantime the other side of atlantic...

8. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

It's okay but they could have cut in some clips. Anything just to make it a bit more glam and less 'two middle age men just standing there' but nonetheless I prefer it to the video to Love Etc which I think is very cheap looking. How come Parlophone can give Late Of The Pier (an amazing band) better looking promos than a group as established as the Pet Shop Boys? It's bizarre.

I still think this track makes a great single.

9. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

I think that video is so dull and dreary, It does not belong with such a happy poppy song.

10. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

Terrible video.

11. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

It's just...uneventful. Such a good song as well.

12. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

Sadly, the video is shit.

[​IMG]

Is the backwards swastika a Kula Shaker reference?

13. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

I take it that you've never seen the Home & Dry video...

14. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

So Mr. PJ, are Up and Down and The Former Enfant Terrible *AMAZING*? What about the Richard X remix of The way it used to be?

15. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

No. Terrible song.
    'All Over The World', of course, would've been better.

16. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

(this pains me to type...) but I have to agree. the video is extremely sub-par. It's as though they just hung around on the Minimal video and decided to knock another out. That said, I think it's one of their stongest songs since NYCB. and of course many will disagree....

17. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

Meh. Not a great video at all. It's like an attempt to re-do the minimal one without the charm.

Should have been lots of bright young things in a bar or something deep in private loved-up conversation, with the boys in a corner observing. Maybe intercut with other performance stuff.

(Okay, major retread of previous ones, but at least it could have had some life. And youth. And colour.)

18. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

I've just recently got the Pop Art DVD and after watching all those videos and then watching this... obviously it's below par.

Also, they look so old. It doesn't make a difference musically, of course, but... so old. It's just weird to see. Much like when I saw the 'Opportunities' video for the first time on the DVD I was like "They look so young." The permanent image I have in my mind of the Pet Shop Boys must be around 1993 or something because any younger or older comes as a shock, apparently.

What the hell am I on about?

19. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

That's the first thing i thought too - Minimal part 2. (but not as good).

I agree, just a few clips interspersed between the Chris & Neil shots to break it up a bit and it would have improved immeasurably.

Still absolutely The Way It Used To Be on the album, the track is breathtakingly good.

20. Ray

Ray

Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

Video = 200 quid for renting the room, 100 quid for the lighting, 100 quid director's fee, 100 quid Neil's glasses. Sorted!

Song is growing on me, though. I believe we might witness a top 75 smash!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.