Pet Shop Boys - Yes | Page 74 | The Popjustice Forum

Pet Shop Boys - Yes

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by euroboy, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

Yes! I thought it would just plummet down, down, doooooooown the charts and fall off the face off the earth.

2. Ray

Ray

Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

So have I. Awesome! #5 in itunes, #2 last week -- does that mean people rediscovered the CD version? (as in HMV putting it on display or something)

3. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

This certainly isn't bad news for the single.

4. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

HMV are doing a Pet Shop Boys offer of buy two for a tenner. Pop Art isn't part of it but it's being displayed prominently. I've just got my hands on Please and a new copy of Very.

5. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

I SEVERELY hope that offer is valid until next Saturday.

6. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

So Mr. PJ, have you heard the bonus disc yet, and, more importantly, have you heard This Used To Be The Future? Can we expect a review shortly?

7. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

Anyone know how much Very Relentless is worth now? Can I buy my house at last?

8. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

I saw in HMV that Very has a cover I've not seen before... this is cover number 4 after the original plastic bumps cover, the cover with the blue background (and sideways shot of the bumpy cover), then the one with little PSB head shots and now this new one with small grey circles on orange background. Is this a record? ('no it's a CD' I hear you shout).

9. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

Are they the further listening versions? I'm thinking no, yes?

10. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

Correct, no. They are the remastered main albums. But not further listening!

11. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

The article in German magazine Spex is a good read. What I found interesting: "Pandemonium" was among the songs they submitted for inclusion on Kylie's X! As we know, none of them actually made the album...

12. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

prices vary from £20 to £50 ...so i'd stick with £20 ... i paid £15 for mine in woolies back in the day so hardly a cash cow ... god, to think i spent £7on the cassette version of very, £13 on the st'd cd and £15 on very/relentless all at the same time ... madness ...

13. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

It's worth more if the sticker is intact i've been told. They go for about £25 for a mint copy on Ebay. I bought mine from Our Price for £15 back in '93.

14. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

I was watching the Pop Art DVD last night. I had forgotten how terrifyingly horrific the original video to Opportunities was. The scene where skinny Neil's face starts to inflate is the stuff of true nightmares. It's somewhat difficult to believe they would become one of the most prestigious pop acts in music from those early videos and yet their albums haven't dated badly at all for electronic pop records. Some of the work on their debut is lush for the genre.

I'm not sure what my favourite video is but I am leaning towards So Hard, Where The Streets Have No Name and Left To My Own Devices.

15. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

Pet Shop Boys never achieved with videos what they achieved with all their other images (discs artwork, pictures, concert staging etc.) and of course with their music. 2 or 3 real video masterpieces for 40 or more pop masterpieces ?

16. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

i adore the Very era videos just for the graphics

17. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

Go West in particular is brilliant. (It's the fact it has so many Chris Lowes in it I suspect that appeals.)

They're not always hugely successful as videomakers sadly, but many of their pieces are stunning examples of the form.

Being Boring and West End Girls are practically defining moments, surely?

18. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Domino Dancing is THE Pet Shop Video.

19. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

Being Boring is THE Pet Shop Boys video.

Se A Vida E, Domino Dancing & I Get Along (for the Email part) are good. And maybe How Can You Expect / Where The Streets...

I never liked the Very videos : the graphics seemed already outdated at the time (and hideous). In fact, almost every genre they tried was bad : the realistic / narrative one, the graphic one, the "arty" one (Numb ! Home And Dry !)... I remember being strongly disappointed when seing Let To My Own Devices : "Is that all ? Some ugly gymnasts doing random things, for such a song ?"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.