Pet Shop Boys - Yes | Page 76 | The Popjustice Forum

Pet Shop Boys - Yes

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by euroboy, Dec 23, 2008.

1. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

It's Alright is a lovely song though and it was a 'new idea' video in a summer of Kylie and Jason. Neil's curls, hmmmm... not so much

2. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

The video for Flamboyant is pretty cool.

3. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

I love their videos...
    I remember that it was during "Se a vida é (That's the way life is)" I realized for the first time that men attract me sexually. And "What Have I Done To Deserve This?" video was a total shock to me - before I saw video I thought it was male vocalist there (shame on me!).

4. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

I think my favourite is still West End Girls, it made London seem so exciting to me, whenever I went there for a few years after the single, I felt like I was in the video. I haven't liked any of their most recent videos.

Luna Park reminds me of the theme from Button Moon.

5. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

What were they thinking of in the I'm With Stupid video? Walliams and Lucas seem very out of style when watching that video now.

6. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

Nothing to do with the Pet Shop Boys but there's a song on Cut by The Slits called Shoplifting and as a kid it made me ache to go to London and steal. Honestly. I love The Slits.

Years later when I visited London I had my Slits album. I got lost in the city on the way to a Doctor Who convention.

:(

I am LOVING revisiting Please. Violence is such a weird track isn't it? And I agree about the promo to I'm With Stupid. I never liked it. It's just a non-event.

7. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

When I first heard Numb, I had dramatic scenes in the style of some old French film in my mind, and instead we got some artwank. Disappointed (once more).

8. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

Oh Lisa. I remember how happy we were when we discovered the Pet Shop Boys were working with Girls Aloud and Xenomania.

Are you still a bit iffy over Love Etc?

9. Ray

Ray

Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

The BBC montage of football scenes was the perfect video for Numb. Why they went and put some Potemkin-lite-artsy-fartsy crap out instead is beyond me. Perhaps they wanted to prove that their own songs do better than ones written by Diane Warren.

10. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

Numb is crap and should never have been a single. I find it ironic that PSB recorded Numb specifically to have a hit and it became their lowest charting single since Was it worth it?

11. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

No I really like it now. I haven't heard any of the album clips though. I want it all fresh and new when I get the album in my hands.

12. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

I've been watching all the videos with the commentary on this week and its a good laugh in places!

Some of my favourite videos are:

West End Girls - for the 80's London look
    Domino Dancing - quite memorable
    Jealousy - good moving close ups of Neil, makes the song more sincere
    So Hard - Neil & Chris looking great at being 'just observers'
    Being Boring - speaks for itself...
    I Wouldn't Normally Do This Kind Of Thing - Just hilarious and I love the 60's thing going on...
    Single-Bilingual - again because of the humour and 'acting'

13. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

I was recently reading...

[​IMG]

The cover was different though.

14. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

The original cover was from the It's Alright single sessions wasn't it. I got the hardback for Christmas and was up half the night reading it. It is a great book. Then I bought the paperback too. *fangirl* My excuse was that it was my travel edition and looking at it now, it was well thumbed.

15. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

I have Literally with the original 'It's Alright' sleeve (Chris with opticians spectacles) - my mum (bless) picked it up years ago second hand for peanuts...AND IT WAS SIGNED BY NEIL! its a good read. The other hardback is PSB vs America - a good insight into the Boys touring plus Chris walking off 'The Tonight Show' becuse the camerman cocked up...and cut to Chris (not)

16. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

Annually is very good too. I also have Pet Shop Boys Special an annual from 1988. I like the Lovescope page.

"The Pet Shop Boys; two successful, talented, handsome lads, who've put their own original stamp on the music of this decade. But what of their love lives? Neither of them are married but the music magazines or newspapers, seem to be totally lacking in anything to do with girlfriends or the sort of girls that they like - information that would be of great interest to their thousands of female fans!"

17. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

Aww. They damn sure weren't letting anyone know anything!

18. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

Numb is one of the most emotionally powerful songs they've recorded. I'm still shellshocked Diane Warren had anything to do with it. But it is breathtakingly beautiful.

19. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

The fact they rejected a song called 'Kisses on the Wind' brings out the lawlz in me.

20. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

Get out! It's marvellous.

I was watching it just moments ago and totally agreed when Chris said they should do more like it.

The bit when Serena McKellan is dancing up the crypt steps is worthy of a knighthood alone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.