Pet Shop Boys - Yes | Page 82 | The Popjustice Forum

Pet Shop Boys - Yes

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by euroboy, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

I done that ... Please is now my actual favourite album as a whole but i still prefer Behaviour due to the lushness of about 6 of the tracks ...

I even gave Fundamental another try and i still stick by my 'poor man's PSB b-sides' tag i gave it at the time ... Minimal is a great single and Casanova an amazing b-side .. the rest i coudl happily live without ,,,

I listened to some samples of Gin & Jag (original + remix) and i have to say the remix sounds alot better ... but as usual .. until the whole track is heard i can;t give afull apraisal ...

2. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

It comes as a surprise, Up against it and Survivors are worth the £5 the album costs ...

3. nathanjay

nathanjay Guest

Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

I love Bilingual, and its probably because I lived in the south of france when I bought it, its a really summery album and now it always reminds me of sunnier, happier, rose tinted times.

So my tip is: buy it before you go abroad and have it as your holiday album.

4. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

The main problem with Bilingual is the running order. It would make a brilliant ten-track album, possibly with the odd b-side like Hit and miss on it instead of the filler.

5. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

Having recently revisited Bilingual, it's a more solid album than I'd originally decided. I don't think theres any real outstandingly brilliant songs (apart from maybe Discoteca), but the songs are of a very good consistant standard. The only song I really don't like is Up Against It, and the production of the album version of A Red Letter Day is very tinny and demo-ish compared to the single version.

Discoteca, Se A Vida E and Before are great songs. The tracklist does seem to be a bit disjointed though, as previously mentioned.

6. Ray

Ray

Bilingual is the last of their albums that hasn't faded on me. I used to love Nightlife when it came out. Well... not anymore. Can't stand "New York City boy" in particular and it did 9 weeks at #1 for me. Yes I am ashamed... The less said about Release, the better. As for Fundamental... ummm... erm... well I thought it was better when it came out...

7. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

I totally agree, it is the lushness that makes it. I love the "ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh"'s all over 'My October Symphony' in particular.

8. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

WANTED: a hot gay guy PSBs fan to accompany me to the album playback on Friday evening in London. Message me if you fit the bill or for more info!

9. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

Hi Neil!

10. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

who is Neil?

message me if you are interested!

11. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

Check your massages luv!

12. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

me to luv!

13. vasilios

vasilios Guest

iT'S luv!

14. Ray

Ray

He hit me with his luv, and now I'm in luv!

15. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

You beat me to it! Between the two of us, Janet could invade every thread on Popjustice.

WE ARE ALL PART OF A RHYTHM NATION.

16. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

I'm listening to Release now.... why the dislike of it??

I Get Along, Home And Dry, E-Mail, Love Is A Catastrophe and Here are wonderful!!

17. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

i'm never sure why people dislike this album ... it's deffo better than Nightlife or Fundamental ... and people especially seem to hate The Night I Fell In Love ... which, to me, is one of their best tracks ... the production on it is very similar in feel to Behaviour, which is always a good thing ...

18. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

Some of the album tracks on Release are amazing, in particular - Love Is Catastrophe, Here, The Samurai In Autumn.

London and Home & Dry were excellent singles too.

It's just bloody I Get Along - it's always been my least favourite Pet Shop Boys single. And it's a rip-off of Oasis's 'Don't Look Back In Anger'

19. Re: Pet Shop Boys - Yes (New Album Discussion)

Release pisses over Nightlife but it's not as good as Fundamental.

20. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

'The Night I Fell In Love' from Release is okay but it works better in theory than in practice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.