Pet Shop Boys | Page 227 | The Popjustice Forum

Pet Shop Boys

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Popjustice, Mar 5, 2009.

1. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

5F64B38A-F116-42D5-92CA-4ABCF9179748.jpeg

I just saw this on eBay. It’s a fridge magnet. That’s. Just. Weird.

2. Seeing West End Girls being declared as the greatest No.1 has been a sliver of wonderful in what is truly a shitty year. The write up and the interview with Neil is great too. It's a small consolation prize for not seeing them live this week.

RHOPJ, jbnd05, etienne and 4 others like this.
  3. Dusty mentioning automobile incidents is a little unfortunate, given what once happened to her and the impact it had on her life at the time...

I didn't like to bring it up, but....

As you were!

4. "i don't wanna"'s remixes are everything. May have to snag that vinyl single. David Jackson's remix one is so good.

5. The comments in the Guardian are a mess. People are complaining that West End Girls is a bad choice because it isn´t played at weddings.

6. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

Looks like one of those bots that just pulls in random images from around the internet and puts them up as products on the off chance that someone might want one.

SockMonkey likes this.
  7. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

I'm sure it is. eBay is so full of utter crap like this. It just amused me to think of someone buying a fridge magnet to commemorate their favourite artist's gig getting cancelled because of Covid-19. (And not even having Coronavirus spelled correctly, to boot.)

Inland Empire likes this.
  8. It is a richly deserved accolade. I didn't even consider it, to be honest, but West End Girls makes perfect sense as The Greatest #1 Ever. Perfect.

lisaj and Deleted member 6896 like this.
  9. I saw someone mention that Pet Shop Boys had some ‘cracking tunes’ in the comments......the term ‘cracking tunes’ is up there with ‘it’s a great little album’, it just makes my blood boil for some unknown reason.

Atletico, Eric Generic, lisaj and 2 others like this.
  10. A cracking little album.

Deleted member 6896 likes this.
  11. There's something so dismissive about that term. They might as well say, "Despite them being a pop group Pet Shop Boys have some cracking tunes"

Deleted member 6896 likes this.
  12. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

You read “cracking” you hear “cheese, Gromit.”

magictreehouse likes this.
  13. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

Everyone got there It Couldn’t Happen Here Blu-ray?

Nicely packaged, the hardback book is a decent read if a little repetitive.

14. Mine is arriving Saturday apparently, I preordered this on Amazon months ago yet the delay seems unwarranted when the listing currently says “Order Now Get It Tomorrow”.

15. I just showed to my mother... and she ask me how much is it dddd

16. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

Mine said the 20th June for ages, then it got despatched supposedly out for delivery yesterday, then turned up today.

Weirdly I’ve seen people buying it for £45 on eBay. Whyyyyyy?

Eric Generic and AshtrayHeart like this.
  17. Sorely tempted. £20 to pre-order seemed a little much, but now it's £23. That'll learn me.

18. Mine arrived this morning. Very nicely done indeed, and the restored visuals are excellent.

trussy74 and SockMonkey like this.
  19. Mine arrived today. Beautifully done but no audio commentary from Neil and Chris??

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.